“Wonderful salmon, terrific service from Andrew” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 405 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Seafood
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Wonderful salmon, terrific service from Andrew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015 NEW

Our son and daughter in law took us out for my birthday. We got there around 6 and of course there was a line. Sat at the bar and got a bottle of nice wine, waitress very helpful and efficient. Got seated after less than 1/2 hour. Waiter was Andrew and what a delight he was! He was responsive, helpful, friendly, funny and just all around good. Each couple got the New Orleans Salmon to split with an extra salad and we all had plenty to eat...especially of those divine biscuits...AAAH! That salmon dinner may be the best meal I ever ate at a Red Lobster. Just all around a really good experience. Thanks!

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Coquitlam
“Celebration Dinner on Hoildays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

we love the seafood, the selection, the fast service and the prices are good, Grandchildren love to stop here on all of our holidays, we try to do this on the second last night of our trips with them, special treat for end of the holidays

Visited March 2015
“Food was OK, service lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015 via mobile

Not my choice to come here, food was OK my wife loves their rainbow trout. Just wish service was better. Waiter would seemingly disappear for 6-7 minutes at a time. If I'm going to spend $80 or so on a meal, service should be better. It's not like they were that busy. That's my only gripe with here. Next time it's Olive Garden much, much better with their service.

Visited March 2015
Albany, Oregon
“You Might Get Lucky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

It seems over the past several years Red Lobster restaurants have become inconsistent with their food preparation. It does not appear to be due to eating at different locations, time of day, etc. Perhaps the chef, but that is only speculation.
The Red Lobster in Salem provided immediate midday seating. However, service was slow in arriving. In fact, it was so slow we adjourned to the bar to order drinks and then returned to our table to wait for our server. The bartender with the drinks and the server arrived at the same time. Hopefully someone was embarrassed. Our server was rather intent on taking our order and we were rather intent on enjoying our beverages and appetizer once it arrived.
Regarding my food, the lobster stuffed mushrooms are now lobster and crab stuffed, not quite the same. The rolls were fresh and as tasty as one has come to expect from Red Lobster. The Caesar salad was normal. I ordered a trio dish with a lobster tail, shrimp scampi and a grilled skewer of shrimp. The scampi was good, the skewer was good, but someone salted my lobster tail. I love the sweet taste of lobster, no butter and certainly no salt. Thus, the disappointment. I found myself dipping the lobster in the butter to mask the salt.
The Long Island Top Shelf Teas were good and for that price they better have been. I accidentally skipped wine, which was fortuitous since the lobster was salted. I would be willing to bet the next three visits to this restaurant will be better, simply because that is how things seem to work with Red Lobster, now. If you are familiar with Red Lobster, then don't expect anything more than average. If you have never eaten at Red Lobster, order a cocktail a few of their fresh rolls and enjoy. If you insist on the full meal, then you should expect one of two outcomes. I hope it is the happy one.

• Visited March 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
“extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

We went there for dinner tonight, and the service was extremely slow. Our waitress informed us that she had just gotten sick in the bathroom and that someone would be taking our table over.... which never happened, so she kept on serving us. When we asked her why she was still there, she said that the management said she had to finish serving her tables. The management is very poorly done if they are requiring sick employees to serve patrons. The service continued to be very slow, and our appetizer was never delivered. The waitress was very nice, but it was a very uncomfortable situation because we didn't want to contract her illness if she was still serving us. Overall the food was decent, but the management very poor.

• Visited February 2015