“The best breakfast place I have ever ate at!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 458 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Umatilla, Oregon
“The best breakfast place I have ever ate at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have had many of their "special" pancakes, but my favorite are simply the plain ones. Also, their Eggs Benedict are wonderful! Better than anywhere else! I always order both when I go there. I live over 200 miles from the closest franchise, and can only get there every 3 months while on other business. When I make my plans, I begin to get very excited -- as the date gets closer, all I can think of is this place and Eggs Benedict! Please skip the motel food and go here. It is a little expensive, though. I do not mind paying a higher price if the food is good. All-around, a great choice!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Arizona
“pancake heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

the dollar pancakes were the best I have ever had. Pricey menu but the quality is worth it! Nice homey atmosphere and friendly staff make sure your entire meal is a pleasure

Visited August 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Very good, but very pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The dollar-size pancakes are great, but that's all you get. No bacon, no sausage, nothing. Everything is extra. The quality of the food and service are very good, but not sure the price is worth it. You could probably find just as good a breakfast somewhere else a lot cheaper. But, it was close to our hotel, and we didn't feel like the hotel breakfast, so we actually ate their two mornings in a row. If I lived in Salem I'd probably eat there once in a while as a treat, but not on a regular basis due to the prices.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Medford, OR
“It's better than the breakfast offered at the motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn down the street. Their breakfast is a JOKE! So time for Plan B.

The servers were really sweet and nice. And there were plenty of them, always stopping to make sure everythng was okay.

I had a nice looking piece of ham. It tasted okay. And eggs, which were also fine. Although I had ordered the hash browns, they were really more like cottage potatoes. They tasted okay, but were a rather unattractive mound on a plate.

So, the food was okay, just average. The service was very good.

Visited August 2013
SALEM, OR
“A Popular Place for Breakfast in Salem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Original Pancake House has been a Salem fixture for more than fifty years. They have dozens of kinds of pancakes and even waffles. Many served with fresh local berry's and berry syrups. The place draws good crowds.

The prices are moderately expensive and I thought the portions could have been larger; not much cost for flour or a few extra potatoes, but the service is always good and the atmosphere is great. Easy access from Portland Rd and only blocks from the freeway.

• Visited July 2012