“Wonderful relaxing fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #192 of 455 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Mediterranean
“Wonderful relaxing fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Good food, good service, good atmosphere=wonderful experience.
We picked this using tripadvisor and it was close to where we were visiting. Our server was very pleasant and traversed stairs to serve us. We were early for lunch and so the only group there. The portions very generous and my 16 yo was quite satisfied by the end of the meal. Totally recommend as a stop by if in the capital.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Harbor Springs, Michigan
“Middle Eastern market worth visiting.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This downtown market and deli is one of the few Middle Eastern places in the state capital of Salem. Upstairs is a modest Arabic restaurant. If you like Middle Eastern food, try this market, deli, and restaurant.

Visited March 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Best Sandwiches & Swarma in Salem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The deli has plentiful portions of fresh sliced Thurman's deli meat on french rolls. My favorite is the Pastrami. If you like gyros, you'll love the Swarma. They also have fresh baked mediterranean pies, hummus, and olives. Writing this has made me want to go back tomorrow.

Visited October 2012
“Mediterranean Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Love the food and the ambiance. I miss North Africa. The Deli and restaurant bring this part of the world into view.

Visited May 2012
Salem, Oregon
“This is last on my list of Middle-Eastern eateries!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

There is a difference between Lamb and Mutton. We suspect that fine line was crossed on our last visit.

Also, I bought a gift certificate through a local radio station. The fine-print restrictions were so onerous, that on my second failed attempt to use it. I tore it up in utter frustration. Granted, I should have read the fine print more carefully. I've bought dozens of these thing for other restaurants and never encountered such un-user-friendliness! Caveat Emptor!

• Visited July 2012