“DIRTHY!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Seal Beach Usa
“DIRTHY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Travelled to Salem today and Googled Indian restaurants close to our hotel.....my husband wanted fish.....I should have listened to him! This is possibly the dirtiest restaurant I have EVER been in and I am fairy well travelled. The trip the the bathroom turned my stomach the carpet was sticky and BLACK. The toilet was gross. Unfortunately we had already ordered. I looked into the kitchen (which was right next to the toilets!!!!) it was a disgrace! The table clothes were dirty even though the mats were plastic! The lamb did not look like lamb and the Korma (spelt Corma on the menu) was SOOO salty. I'm just sitting here waiting for Montezuma's revenge! PLEASE go elsewhere until they have cleaned up their act!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Oregon
“Best Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is best Indian restaurant in Salem and now this is my favorite restaurant.
I ordered samosa for appetizer and it was very delicious. I also ordered Chicken tikka masala and it was so good and I ordered baingan bharta and palak panner that was soo good too. I would go there again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver Island
“Tasty lots of choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Walked from our hotel.. everyone in our group of 6 was happy with their meals. pleasant service would recommend to other travellers

Visited July 2013
jeeno
“unable to publish previous review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Before you eat there, take a deep breath~ smell any nice cooking smells?
walk back towards the bathrooms, glance in at the kitchen~ see any indication of sanitary practices? visit the cleaning supplies in the corner near the ladies room~ still feeling good about the place? If so, enjoy your meal, if not, run, run, run.

Sadly, I did none of these and regretted eating there only after I saw how filthy it was.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Oregon
“Only get my Indian fix here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

They have the best chicken tikka masala ever. I just got some at star of India and am extremely disappointed. Taj mahal puts peas in their rice and the chutney sauce they use on the chicken is out of this world. Not to mention their prices are waaaay better and you even get a 10% discount when Pi order by phone and pick up. It's a quiet little place and the restaurant is older and dingy, but the people are so sweet and polite and make the best food! It's an underrated and little known about gem.

• Visited March 2013