“Lots of healthy options” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Salem, Oregon
“Lots of healthy options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I like this restaurant because they live up to their motto of good, clean food. It's hard to describe what type of food they make because it's highly varied, from Thai Chicken Peanut to Moroccan Beef to Falafel, most available as a bowl, wrap, or salad. There are a variety of options available, from upgrading to brown rice, to adding steamed veggies, or substituting sweet potato fries (for which they are known) for fries. They have an upstairs dining area, where you can also get hard cider or beer, and a downstairs bar, where additional options are available, including mixed drinks.

I love the food here, but sometimes the service is less than desirable. That's usually when they are particularly busy upstairs. I've never had a problem in the bar downstairs except that it's a small area, so it's often too full to find a place to sit. Still, if you get a table, it's very cozy and a great place to hang out with friends.

Visited December 2012

75% Recommend
Oregon
“Eclectic Menu ... Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I went to the South Commerical restaurant yesterday for lunch. The atmosphere was fabulous! I love the chandelier light above the bar. The place was packed, but wasn't loud. I ordered the Caprese Flatbread ... assuming I'd get something that resembled the Italian food ... but it far surpassed my expectations. It had more of a Greek flair to it ... very yummy spices on the chicken ... all the ingredients (including the flatbread) were definitely fresh. We started our order with a plate of fries ... they were just like the ones in France - thin, flat slided. I was having a hard time figuring out how to describe the menu ... their motto is "fresh clean food" and it is all made in house and fresh. They really do have something for everyone ... very unique flavor combinations and fresh foods. I'm not a beer drinker, but I did notice the huge selectoin of beer on tap - and you can take it home. I also noticed a full bar of high quality brands. Prices were good ... but they also appear to have a really good happy hour with lower food and drink prices. I 'm looking forward to going back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous Beer (and not so fabulous food)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

24 rotating taps with terrific beers. If you're into beer, it's the place to go. For food, well, it's okay, not bad but not spectacular.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
oregonians
“Tasty unique food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

A descriptive menu with daily specials/ limited seating. We sat downstairs and really enjoyed our meals. We thought by sitting down there we would be forgotten but turned out totally opposite if that. Food was excellent with large portions. Will definately go back over and over again; we saw many more items we want to try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

3rd visit and it continues to deliver! Great food, service and ambiance. Homemade pasta & cured meats are spectacular!!

• Visited November 2012