“Worst place” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Newport Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 467 Restaurants in Salem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Market St. & Hawthorne St.
Salem, Oregon
“Worst place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I should have trusted my instincts and left shortly after entering. For a seafood resturant I had expected at the very least decent... I was wrong! I have never seen or even heard of shrimp cocktail that was minced up shrimp scooped on a plate! I wouldn't recommend that for an appetizer. The Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Fresh Columbia River Steelhead, first off it clearly says stuffed but wasn't when it came... It looked like someone had thrown everything on a plate in a big mess and it tasted even worse. The Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich wasn't as bad but dripping grease so it was hard to swallow. The wait staff was unfriendly and was hard to get her attention for anything. Our dinner after about a bite ended with me having to walk around to find anyone that could get us a check, and I feel it was way over priced for the quality of food and service. We will be stickiing with Red Lobster from now on, better food and better priced!

Visited September 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Just what I wanted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was craving a shrimp salad and went there for brunch and shrimp salad (similar to a cobb salad). It was perfect. My wife had the buffet that was available for the Sunday brunch and was quite pleased. The food is very good and the service was great.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Food was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food was ok. Had fried oysters and was not impressed. Service was good but food was typical for a Olive Garden style restaurant.

Salem
“Not that good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband & I went here for dinner. It was just ok. Was not impressed and haven't been back. We probably won't go back .

Salem, Oregon
“On a Diet? Stay away from their Sunday Brunch Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great Buffet brunch, but lots of sweets and carb ( especially those addictive bengiets), and watch those bottomless mimosas !