“Great selection and value” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #141 of 414 restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Thai
eugene, OR
“Great selection and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Really good, authentic Thai food in this South Salem restaurant. We use it as our midway stop between Eugene and Portland.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
Salem, Oregon
“Nice relaxed atmosphere and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Thai Beer in West Salem is a regular dinner spot for me and my wife. Tom Kha soup with chicken, medium spicy - awesome. Every dinner we have had has been very good. The service is also very good. Always a pleasure.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bakersfield, California
“Quite enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently went with my friend on our way back from a hike at Opal Creek to this restaurant. It was clean, the staff was friendly and even helped me decide between the BBQ pork or garlic shrimp dishes.

My friend had the Chu Chee Salmon. It was delicious! The curry was light with the spicy level on medium. It was a wonderful blend. The salmon was a smidge dry but the sauce was so tasty I hardly noticed (when I tried her dish). I started with her meal b/c I don't like curry but her dinner was really good.

I had the garlic shrimp. It was made well with a nice light sauce but I felt more variety of vegies were needed. There was way too much broccoli. They had a lot of shrimp in the dish and as I said it was tasty. I did like my friend's dish better though.
We had the brown rice and it was made perfectly. It was a nice rich deep brown/red color and tasted great.

I also had a Thai ice tea, which I adore. There's was fabulous!

The portions were big and therefore worth the price. I love when I get a good meal and have leftovers for lunch the next day. Each of our meals were about $14.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
River Road
“Heavy on the sauces”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I like the service, but the sauces are too salty and too soy-sauce-y. In my opinion, Thai Orchid's food is much better.

Visited February 2012
Left Coast
“I would rank it lower, but relative to other Thai food in Salem, it is just poor.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Ten years ago this place was some of the best Thai food in the Valley. No more.

Service was fine. Interior is a little run down. My kids commented that the place smelled like a Pizza Hut. I can live with run down and shoddy, but the food is just bad Thai. Maybe it is fine for people who think Taco Bell is good Mexican food, but this is not good Thai food. This is low quality ingredients and haphazard preparation. We did not finish our meal. We did not take the leftovers home in a box. We left wishing we had gone to Sonic Drive In.

• Visited March 2012