“Great LQ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Suites Salem

You added La Quinta Inn Suites Salem to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Suites Salem
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   890 Hawthorne Ave Southeast, I-5 at Exit 253, Salem, OR 97301   |
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Salem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tacoma, Wa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Looks like a Super 8 from the outside but rather nice on the inside. the lobby was clean and a good size breakfast eating area. The room was very pleasant, clean and comfortable although the mattress was not showing even wear. I mean the left side was less sprung than the right side. Using a cpap i don't get the luxury to move around alot in bed.
So why the average rating? In the morning I turned the hot water on in the shower and waited and waited... No hot water. Tried calling the front desk and kept getting a busy signal. (made me assume this was a hotel wide problem. No choice but to take a cold shower. Went down to the front desk to complain and apparently only my room had the problem and the clerk said the phones were working fine, On her part she did make a very generous price adjustment (not free) The breakfast food supplied was typical ( didn't know bacon could be sliced so thin)
All in all a very forgettable experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip. Easily located off of the interstate besides a Costco. There is a Super WalMart nearby. Very close to shopping and dining on Lancaster Drive in Salem. The front desk staff was great... they knew me by name and always welcomed me "home" every evening upon returning to the hotel. Breakfast was decent... waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereals, fresh fruit, oatmeal, muffins etc. The only complaint I had was I was giving an adjoining room and they were booked solid the whole time I was there so I wasn't able to move. I heard my fair share of telephone conversations, people doing "it", loud televisions and other annoyances. Once I returned to the room and the bathroom floor was soaking wet. I called the manager and apparently the bathroom above me had flooded and the water dripped down into my bath... that was crazy! The parking lot was small and often crowded so if you didn't get there early enough a good parking space was hard to come by. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Can't say I would stay here again... I would prefer the Residence Inn down the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We only spent one night Sept. 21, Rosa at the front desk was very helpful even went out of her way to see we had what we needed. The breakfast was all you could ask for ie. eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, waffles, muffins, cereal, juice, coffee. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The is a nice place to walk the dog. If we are ever in the area again I am sure
we will stay there again.

Room Tip: I would recommend you stay in the front away from the pool the door to the pool bangs everytime some...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The La Quinta Inn Suites in Salem Oregon is a very nice Hotel. The rooms are very well maintained excellent beds, clean top to bottom. There was free wi-fi internet available, nice indoor pool and very courteous staff. In the morning a modest breakfast buffet with bacon, eggs, waffles, muffins etc. was prepared and it was just enough. The hotel is right off the freeway and very easy to find. Maybe a little road noise during the day but very little in the evening. They split up the guest nicely as the Hotel was full but I couldn't hear any other guest.

I would certainly recommend this Hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Staying in one of the room on the east side will eliminate any road noise. You could possible hear t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed here a few times. Never a complaint until my toilet backed up...I called for help and was given a dirty and I mean DIRTY plunger to clean the toilet myself. Kept calling manager to complain, no manager on site..EVER! Called corporate and complained called the manager to complain. Sent emails to complain. Stupid, ignorant owners. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Suites Salem? Share your experiences!