“Quiet relaxing place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Rogue River, Oregon
“Quiet relaxing place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I had some business to take care of in Salem the day after Thanksgiving. The Shiloh was right in the area so we decided to stay there. The place is clean and quiet and the front desk Staff was quite friendly. Even though a College football team was staying there we never heard a thing in our room. Breakfast was fresh , hot, and with many choices. If there was any downside we did not see it.

Room Tip: With only a central elevator rooms at the ends of the hallway can be quite a hike.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our regular hotel was booked so we tried the Shilo Inn. It is average, really average. The decor is from the 1990's. Room is good sized but that's about as good as it got. There was one bar of soap between the sink and shower. Two small TV's in the room, only one of which worked. Would not stay again if given a choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear knscott,

Please accept my sincere apologies that your recent visit did not leave you with a good impression of Shilo Inns. It is disturbing when we learn a guest has a poor experience, so we sincerely appreciate guest feedback . We are in the process of updating our rooms and hope that in the future you will give us another chance.

Pam Urben
Maricopa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

In a world where we are rarely valued as human beings and sadly, even less frequently respected as patrons in and of any establishment, we were overwhelmingly impressed by the friendly, warm and courteous professionalism of the employees at the Shiloh Inn Salem. There is not enough time to elaborate the numerous times my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the willingness and unprompted desire of the employees to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Although this Hotel is in a State we had never visited before, their hospitality reminded us of being home or visiting a loved one. I had read reviews that expressed the accommodations here were starting to show their age, and perhaps they are, but they were clean and as I explained above the friendly respectful staff makes up for any need renovations. A must try for any traveler who wants to have their faith renewed in the true meaning of customer service. Our hats are tipped to the manager of this Inn! Thank you for a wonderful stay and we will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the worst hotel stay I have ever had. The room looked nothing like the rooms advertised online. We were supposed to have 2 queen beds and instead had 1 king bed. The 2 pillows were tiny and couldn't have been more flat. The bed was uncomfortable and the comforter felt of sandpaper. The noise made our room unsleepable. You could hear every toilet flush, every cell phone ring, every elevator door open, every ice machine push. Our bed even shook while the laundry machines were on! When we went down for breakfast we had sour curdled milk. I don't like that a $25 incidentals fee is charged to your credit card and then reimbursed if not used. That seems backwards and yet another reason why I will never stay at another Shilo ever again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

What I love about this motel is the location, breakfast in the morning & the size of the rooms. Very spacious and cozy. Comes with refrigerator, microwave & coffee pot with coffee! In the evenings they serve popcorn & fruit complementary!
Shower is nice with a curved out shower curtain to give you more room.
Beds were Okay. They do need to do away with dated bed spreads. I just took mine off as I arrived & slept in a clean comfy room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Longview, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed one night in a two queen mini suite. Receptionist was friendly and nice, room and bathroom were clean and bigger than I expected. Didn't use the pool but peeked in and it looked nice. They have a continental breakfast but we ate at the restaurant Almost Home, across the parking lot. (which was great!)

• Stayed August 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Very bad experience to live here,I was bitten by bugs,there has bed bugs!I have over 100 red spot by there's bugs!nobody help you!when I wake up by the bugs bitten,I call the front desk,the stuff said,sorry,I can' t do anything for you .I asked him ,do you know there has bugs in you hotel?he said: never heard that.I asked :you never heard that for how long?he said,I never heard that about one year. And then he change an other room for us,but we found the bug's skin again,so we just sit in the coach for four hours .very bad feeling,very bad experience. Don't go there any more if you don't want to seed bugs,because they don't care about you!

Room Tip: Worry about my healthy!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Chun yu W,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your unpleasant experience during your visit to the Shilo Inn Salem. I can assure you we do not take these situations lightly and I have addressed & reiterated our guest service procedures with our staff members. As unfortunate as these situations can be we do have procedures in place if they do occur; immediately we contacted a professional pest service company who quickly dealt with your specific room as well as other surrounding rooms as a precaution. We hope you will give us another opportunity if your future travels bring you to the Salem area.

Pam Urben

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Salem? Share your experiences!