“Much Better Than We Expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3535 Fisher Road N.E., Salem, OR 97305-1419 (Formerly Crossland - Salem)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 23 hotels in Salem
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Much Better Than We Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Found Crossland by searching Craigslist when we were planning our move to Salem. When we arrived our check-in was handled quickly and courteously considering the late hour. We were absolutely amazed at the cleanliness and size of the room (we had one with 2 double beds). It was very comfortable, and the property was quiet and well-kept. We stayed for an extended period, and during the entire stay the staff was always friendly, helpful, and attentive to our needs. I would recommend Crossland highly to any friend needing a place to stay in Salem.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brookings, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The place is clean. The bed is comfortable. The internet is slow unless you want to pay extra. The room is small. There is no shampoo. There is no hair dryer. There is only one chair so it is hard for two people to eat at the table. There is no fitness center. I suggest that if you look around you'll almost certainly get a better deal at another place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the building so that you will be screened from the noiose from I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear your report of the rooms being so clean and comfortable. I sincerely apologize that you were not told of the amenities we offer when you checked in. Although they are not in the room we do offer shampoo, hairdryers and an iron with ironing board upon request at the front desk.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel staff was great. There was a minor problem upon checkin with the cardlock, but front desk manager Brenda handled it quickly and professionally. This is the place to stay when in the Salem, Oregon area.

Room Tip: The I-5 side of the building is noisier, as you would expect. Still, it was not objectionable and I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Philip - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments. I'm so pleased to hear that Brenda was able to take good care of you in a professional manner. I will be sure to mention your compliment to her. Please know, we have double pane windows on the west side and that does help keep down the noise while in the rooms. Still, we will gladly place you on the east side as rooms are available.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
bangkok

Salem, Oregon 97305
Email: SLM@extendedstay.com
Tel: 503-363-7557
Fax: 503-363-7665
The hotel staff are so nice and friendly and gracious. If you need something they are right there to help quickly. It's kindof expensive; especially, when they raise it to summer rates!!!!!
Studio “Suite”; stove top, small fridge-a bit more than a mini-fridge, kitchen sink, toaster at front desk if needed, small desk, double bed, air-con and heat, small dresser, weekly cleaning IF staying more than 8 days, utensils, pots, free towel exchange, free soap, shampoo, tissue, place to hang clothes, obvious hot water in small bathroom-shower only, wash and dry clothes machines downstairs 2 bucks each, small TV with less than normal amount of channels, in the 21st century, (23 channels) daily, weekly and monthly rates if you can figure out how it works, parking if you have a car, close to freeway, Walmart, Safeway, a main street, bus lines. No buses on weekends or holidays here!
Prices go UP in “summer.” Lots of prices for rooms just like airlines; “1001 prices for the same seat.” depends on day, time, length of stay+++++++++++++++++++++.
For me, it is OK, it is furnished since my house was vandalized and everything I used to own stolen including my car. No real complaints though I thought the price was a bit high. For me, I HOPE, it is a temporary stay though I've been here 8 weeks. Nowhere to go. An unfurnished apartment is no good for me; nothing left from hose burglary. Sleep on the floor? No!
DON'T AGREE with “Dirty, Bugs, Unfriendly Staff & Thieves”
I DID smell smoke from another (?) room in my bathroom.
I don't have ANY problems. I accept this place for what it is.
Mid April till “now”.

Room Tip: As usual, ask for a quiet room IF that is what you want. Handi-capped rooms available. 3 floors with...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your home was burglarized. Still, we are very happy that we were able to provide a "home" for you while you could not stay in yours. As well, it is great that you truly enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope you can return home soon!

Thank you again for your kind comments. We hope you continue to enjoy your stay with us.
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The hotel staff are so nice and friendly and gracious. If you need something they are right there to help quickly. It's kindof expensive; especially, when they raise it to summer rates. But, when it comes to service, cleanliness, the comfortableness of the rooms, and the location (close to shopping, bus service, etc.), Crosslands can't be beat. I only wished Crosslands Extended Stay had the special that Best Western is having. Stay two nights get third night free of charge. I have stayed several times in April and May 2013. I have always had good service--your staff at this particular location (Salem, Oregon - north) are the best and I appreciate the chance to express that. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Teresa - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that our staff took such good care of you and addressed all of your needs. I will be sure to mention your great comments to each of them. Please keep in mind that our rates are tiered to accommodate those with extended stays.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Smyrna, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room was cheap and you get what you pay for. The bed was hard as a rock and it felt like we were sleeping on a piece of plywood. The room was small but clean. Free wifi but had problems getting it to connect and the desk clerk did have the IT person call us to try and fix the problem. The area around the hotel is not the best so, worried about safety and if our car would be there in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am disappointed to read that you found the bedding in your room to be uncomfortable and that you had trouble with accessing the internet. Please accept my apologies. The staff and I are looking into ways we can improve both of these offerings moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Steelton, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed a couple months and would not recommend you stay here if you don't smoke, need internet, want a clean, quite & safe room. Most of the staff is unfriendly. House keeping only shows up every 2-3 weeks and your lucky if they clean or give you supplies. Someone on staff will rifle thru your things and steal your money or valuables. Be careful were you walk, so you don't step in dog poop. I am not sure whats worse, the smell of cigarettes or the dog pee stains on the carpet. Most of the beds are old, very hard and some even have bugs that will suck the blood out of you. They also will overcharge the rate your are quoted on the website and make charges to your credit card without your approval and only refund part of it after you complain to the corporate office. I could go on and on but I won't. Read the reviews. Oh yes they will offer you a discount it you write a positive review on this website. Do your homework, go 1 more exit south on Interstate 5 and you will find a number of clean hotels who will be happy to serve you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Michael - Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am speaking with the staff about improving our procedures and policies to ensure these types of situations do not happen again in the future. As well, please know, one of our priorities is to ensure all of our guests feel comfortable during their visit. I apologize if you did not feel this way. Still, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you our staff would not partake in any illegal activity, especially while inside a guests room.

Again, we appreciate your comments. Please contact us directly at the hotel if you would like to speak further. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North? Share your experiences!