“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3535 Fisher Road N.E., Salem, OR 97305-1419 (Formerly Crossland - Salem)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 23 hotels in Salem
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The hotel staff are so nice and friendly and gracious. If you need something they are right there to help quickly. It's kindof expensive; especially, when they raise it to summer rates. But, when it comes to service, cleanliness, the comfortableness of the rooms, and the location (close to shopping, bus service, etc.), Crosslands can't be beat. I only wished Crosslands Extended Stay had the special that Best Western is having. Stay two nights get third night free of charge. I have stayed several times in April and May 2013. I have always had good service--your staff at this particular location (Salem, Oregon - north) are the best and I appreciate the chance to express that. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Teresa - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that our staff took such good care of you and addressed all of your needs. I will be sure to mention your great comments to each of them. Please keep in mind that our rates are tiered to accommodate those with extended stays.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Smyrna, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room was cheap and you get what you pay for. The bed was hard as a rock and it felt like we were sleeping on a piece of plywood. The room was small but clean. Free wifi but had problems getting it to connect and the desk clerk did have the IT person call us to try and fix the problem. The area around the hotel is not the best so, worried about safety and if our car would be there in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am disappointed to read that you found the bedding in your room to be uncomfortable and that you had trouble with accessing the internet. Please accept my apologies. The staff and I are looking into ways we can improve both of these offerings moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SLM@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Steelton, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed a couple months and would not recommend you stay here if you don't smoke, need internet, want a clean, quite & safe room. Most of the staff is unfriendly. House keeping only shows up every 2-3 weeks and your lucky if they clean or give you supplies. Someone on staff will rifle thru your things and steal your money or valuables. Be careful were you walk, so you don't step in dog poop. I am not sure whats worse, the smell of cigarettes or the dog pee stains on the carpet. Most of the beds are old, very hard and some even have bugs that will suck the blood out of you. They also will overcharge the rate your are quoted on the website and make charges to your credit card without your approval and only refund part of it after you complain to the corporate office. I could go on and on but I won't. Read the reviews. Oh yes they will offer you a discount it you write a positive review on this website. Do your homework, go 1 more exit south on Interstate 5 and you will find a number of clean hotels who will be happy to serve you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Michael - Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs properly and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am speaking with the staff about improving our procedures and policies to ensure these types of situations do not happen again in the future. As well, please know, one of our priorities is to ensure all of our guests feel comfortable during their visit. I apologize if you did not feel this way. Still, as this hotel's manager, I can assure you our staff would not partake in any illegal activity, especially while inside a guests room.

Again, we appreciate your comments. Please contact us directly at the hotel if you would like to speak further. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this location after a recent move across country for work. I lived there for six weeks and the staff was gracious. My room was cleaned weekly as requested, the wi-fi was free of charge and the facilities were beyond adequate. The location so close to Lancaster made it easy to do grocery shopping as well as get some food or go to a bar. There was minimal noise and no "shady" characters patrolling around. I would gladly suggest you stay here.

There is another posting on here from a "Will P" that trashes the place, please do not pay this posting any mind as it is rife with spelling mistakes and general sour grapes complaining. It is a wonderful place. Go stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Salem - North, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that your 6 week stay was a great one and our associates were gracious! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Loma Linda, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I was booked here by my company for 8 weeks. This is an inexpensive place to stay, and as such, expect no frills. It has very basic tiny rooms. The decor is dated and worn. The bed was hard and very uncomfortable.
The I-5 freeway side of the hotel is for smokers and the smoke leaks through the bathroom fan and around the plumbing under the sinks into the non-smoking rooms. The Fisher Road side of the hotel has smokers who stand outside and smoke and then that comes in the heater/AC and/or window.
The weekly cleaning wasn't thorough (I made a distinctive mark in the dust/dead bugs on the hood above the stovetop and it stayed there for 4 weeks until I cleaned it! Spider webs and marks on the walls were never removed during my stay.) For 6 of the 8 weeks I had to go ask for toilet paper as I wasn't left with any extra besides the mostly used up roll I had. I was usually, but not always, left with little bars of soap and a little packet of dishwashing soap. The alarm clock was non-functional except to tell the time. The bottom window lock was broken off/non-functional. The staff is generally polite, but not friendly. The traffic sounds are easily audible from within the rooms, as are the TV sounds from other rooms.
The neighborhood is the northeast side of Salem and is not a safe location. My coworkers told me that this area is where most of the methamphetamine and shooting problems are in Salem.
If you do decide to stay here, be forewarned that the elevator broke down with 3 kids in it while I was here and the fire department had to be called to get them out. So use the stairs!
The free wi-fi is only consistently accessible if you are in/close to the office.
The coin-operated washers and dryers cost $2 each for wash and $2 each for dry. Check the machines for problems before you put your money in.
I'm afraid I cannot recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you had such poor service during your 8 week stay. Please accept my apology. I am speaking with our staff to ensure that the service we provided to you does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. I hope that you will contact me directly, at SLM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It is terrible they have now respect for you and they dont have breakfest ice machine and they dont have a pool it sucks i will never stay at this dump again the rooms are small and they dont give you soap they dont have a change machine

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Will - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Using your remarks as an example, we will be reviewing the importance of customer service and I will be coaching them on ways to improve this as well.

In response to your feedback, I am sorry we did have the amenities available to make your stay a pleasant one. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at slm@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

we needed to move away from our house due to remodeling, we wanted a cost-effective place with a kitchenette and as we've stayed in cross land north salem before, we stopped by to inquire, the front desk staff who we have recognized in the company's survey and using the feedback form in the room heard our need and provided us with an above expectation rate and a company 1800 number for potentially better deal, the check in and out were easy, they're also pet friendly, the room were small, however the bathroom was comfortable in size, we had weekly housekeeping, the parking was safe and comfortable, even though, the hotel is not in the safest neighborhood in salem, at 10-15 min walking distance, you can reach mini grocery stores that carter to asians, hispanics and a generic safeway, the neighbors were quiet, the channel selection on cable included showtime, the room can get a bit stuffy, probably just due to the size of the room, but the ac solves the problem easily, if you don't enjoy eating out all the time, then the kitchenette, hood, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and utensils will come handy as we surely made use of it daily, the laundry is coin operated, $2 a load wash or dry, competitive, most of the staff will provide you with coffee when asked, however, we understood from them that we're suppose to get our own, the outstanding issue we had through out our month long stay was with wi-fi internet access, while crossland provides free internet, but we believe the bandwidth is limited, after 4-5 pm, you just don't get any webpage in or out, if you need a reliable wi-fi during your stay, and you're unwilling to pay extra for data, crossland will not be your place, the hotel is cross to chemeketa community college and one of the main business street in salem, namely lancaster rd, 10 min drive away from salem downtown, the room are clean, as much as you can expect from a budget motel/hotel, however, rooms are dated and carpet can use some cleaning, in summary, salem is a small town, this hotel has the price, location (if you drive), kitchenette, staff, parking on its side, internet service, neighborhood, carpet against it, for our needs and priorities, it was an overall 9!

Room Tip: ask for ADA rooms if you have a special need, staff will be happy to show you a couple of rooms, we...