“great destination great food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Saint Helens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: steak and seafood
Columbia City, Indiana
“great destination great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

St. Helens Oregon is our destination when we come in to town by boat or car. This upscale restaurant is one of our favorite destinations. The food is always good and the prices are too. My wife likes her steaks well done and I don' but they always seem to get it right. Try the chocolate chip cookie for dessert. I am sure you will like it...if your like me you will try to make one at home but I can't seem to get it right. the seafood is always fresh. It's only a short walk up the boat ramp from the docks and this is one of our favorite getaways when we want to unwind with our friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Georgetown, Indiana
“Klondike is filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My daughter and I went to the Klondike Restaurant. We waited and waited for someone to notice we were there. We had reservations. We were about to leave when someone finally wandered out from the bar. We were seated near the bar, and watched the waitstaff congregate, gossip, and ignore the customers. When the food finally arrived, it was good, but not great. Twice, I had to point out a waiting customer to the server. No one was watching the door to see if people were waiting. While we waited for our food, I noticed that the lights were dusty. The floor was littered with garbage at our feet. The place needs a good scrubbing. Sadly, St. Helens has few good restaurants to eat at. The Klondike could be great if they educated the waitstaff on customer service and updated the interior. The history of the place is quite interesting.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beaverton, Oregon
“Klondike Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Had the BEST Ruben sandwich I've ever had at this place!!! Great Service, even got a personal tour of the upstairs hotel by the owner of the restaurant....... also experienced some 'paranormal' activity!!!! Great place to go, Highly recommended!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia City OR
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

If my famiy wants to go out to eat we always go to the Klondike. The prime Rib is the best I have ever had and the crab cakes are sooo delicious. It is a little spendy but it is a worth while treat. St. Helens has not alot of good dining options and the Klondike is one of the best. Have the prime rib, you will not be sorry. I have ate there a dozen times in the past year and have never had any complaints. DON'T SKIP DESSERT!! THEY ARE HEAVENLY! :)

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scott City, Kansas
“Good food AND good service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had the pleasure of eating at the Klondike restaurant this week with an old family friend. My husband and I both enjoyed a cup of clam chowder as our appetizer round, and the clams were absolutely melt in your mouth tender. For dinner I ordered the halibut and chips and my husband had the special of the night which was salmon and chips. Both were incredibly tasty... the fish was cooked perfectly for the both of us, although I did not care for their version of french fries as they were greasy and floppy.

When placing our dinner order, the waitress suggested two different dessert choices that are made from scratch. I ordered the deep dish chocolate chip cookie ala mode and my husband ordered the apple crisp... both of which must be ordered early because they take about 20 minutes to make. Let me tell you, both of those desserts are worth every single extra calorie and every minute they took to make! Don't skip dessert!!!

The one downside to the Klondike is the price. For three people the bill was over $70 which would definitely preclude making this a regular meal out if we lived in the area, but for a tasty meal while visiting from out of state, it was fine.

• Visited March 2012