“Don't let the appearance fool you - the steaks are great!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Rufus
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Battle Ground, Washington
“Don't let the appearance fool you - the steaks are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place is rough around the edges, unpretentious would be putting it diplomatically. Truck drivers, local fishermen, and various local characters are usually to be found, but don't be put off by that - the steaks are really good and a true bargain.

Visited April 2012

STEVENSON
“An excellent standby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is one of those times I wish the scale was 1-10 I'd give it a 6 or 7. The service and the quantity not as much as the quality varies some from day to day even; but I have to say that the prime rib special is hard to beat. The service really can vary from day to day depending on who might be working that day. I usually prefer eating in the bar after a few drinks and the decency is hard to come by in this day and age. It's a friendly place where it is not hard to strike up a conversation. I return here every so often and will continue to do so. Arlington east of Rufus also has a good couple of restaurants; BUT the price of nearby lodging has gone through the roof!
Across the street is a little mom and pop's store that also serves excellent sandwiches along with an incredible pizza to "take and bake" for not much monet

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“OK if you're in need”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Don't bother with the T-bone. Service is very iffy. I've had breakfast here on several occasions and the food is good but the service is not. I had a T-bone one night, thinking that a place called Bob's Texas T-bone would have a good steak. Nope. It's the only restaurant in Rufus so it'll do but if you're traveling through, keep going.

Visited June 2011
Fossil
“Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Really the only place to sit and eat for a long ways. Food and service are both good. Small but friendly bar. No views. Prices are good.

La Grande, Oregon
“Good mid-day stopping place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

As Bob's Texas T-bone and Frosty's lounge is mid-way between the coast and home we usually stop and eat each time we go by. We usually gas up at Rufus also. The last time we at there was Friday, Oct. 21, 2011. It was right at noon. The place was packed. I have never seen the place as busy as it was. There was one experienced waitress and one trainee. We were lucky when we got there as there was a place to sit in the main dining room. Might add that there is another room off to the side where they can take care of the overflow. The trainee took our order and soon brought our drinks. Wasn't long until we had our lunch. She may have been a trainee, but was doing a good job and will make a good waitress. I think there were at least 3 working in the kitchen because they were really taking care of the customers. I usually just have a sandwich and this time I had a fried egg and ham sandwich. It was delicious. The bread they use is almost like fresh baked - really soft. They have a soup and salad bar. You can play video Keno and they have cinnamon rolls and cookies for sale - take out. They sell art work and have various paintings on the wall for sale. I cannot give a review for the lounge because we did not go in there.

• Visited October 2011