“good find” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Ladysmith, Canada
“good find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were looking for any motel and luck would have it we stopped here. Very reasonable, they were under renovations, doing all the rooms, new carpet, new beds etc. The room was clean , large and overlooked a private garden area. Staff very helpful. Couldn't access wi-fi at all.
Comes with a self serve breakfast, very friendly staff there too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WindmillInnGM, General Manager at Windmill Inn of Roseburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor. I'm happy to hear that you appreciated the friendliness of our hotel staff. One thing we always strive for is to deliver a friendly and welcoming place to stay.

I'm sorry to hear that the wifi wasn't working for you, I will take a look today and see what I can find out about any issues and get it resolved for any future guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and the review.

Allen Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Clackamas, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Windmill Inn a number of times over a period of many years, most recently, June of this year. It has always been clean and well maintained and many years ago was THE place to stay in Roseburg. It is still at least adequate in almost every way. But even with a friendly staff and a convenient on and off I-5 location, the years are showing and some inconveniencies like a continental breakfast out the lobby door and around the corner become less acceptable especially when it is raining.

The physical layout is a little confusing and the map provided when you check-in really confused a fellow traveler until he realized it was a picture of two separate levels which is not apparent when you drive in and which is also the reason for a series of ramped hallways between rooms.

Like I said, adequate, and the price is right. But, the next time through Roseburg I will probably pay a few dollars more and try a newer or more recently modernized place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our second stay here. We not only were able to check in early to a clean, well equipped, comfortable room, but after our wonderful stay I left my camera at the hotel. Called after we were about 2 hrs away and they send it to me, with no charge. They were so helpful. I also set off our fire alarm on accident with steam and right away they jumped to help. Very courteous staff, beautiful property, amazing continental breakfast, comfy beds, and a great price. We will be staying here again and referring our friends.

Room Tip: The rooms on the garden side are much more quiet, and have a very nice patio area.
Altadena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were in Roseburg to attend my grandsons high school graduation. We reserved two rooms for two nights and on our arrival found the staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable and included a microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer and a full size TV. Enjoyed the morning continental breakfast and the staff that made sure we had what we needed. Would gladly stay here again on our next visit to Roseburg.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon!
Bay Area, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at the Windmill Inn over Memorial Day Weekend and I was impressed. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The room I was in also had a hair dryer, coffee maker, fridge and microwave in the room. The pool was perfect and the hotel even has bikes for their guests. The continental breakfast room was a bit crowded but the woman working in there was grace under pressure and kept everything in stock. The hotel is seconds from I5 and there are many restaurants and shops close by The housekeeping staff was friendly and obviously took pride in their work. I would definitely stay there again.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My recent 2 nights at the Windmill Inn in Roseburg was a real treat. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are big and very clean with comfortable beds. The breakfast which is included in the room price was good. While in the breakfast room I was lamenting the loss of my cell phone charger. Ashley, who was overseeing the breakfast room,overheard me and presented me with a box of unclaimed charges which had been left by previous guest. My problem solved. It was nice to see the special attention given to the more elderly guest. Will be back, in the fall, to fish the north umpqua.

Room Tip: Our room faced a lovely courtyard with tables and chairs and even roses.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bgibbs52024

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor. We really do appreciate all the feedback we receive.

I am happy to hear that Ashlee was able to help you with your phone charger. That is the sort of response that we aim for and I'll be sure to let her know she hit the mark!

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for posting a review.

Auburn, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at the Windmill Inn out of desperation as the Econolodge in town was HORRENDOUS. We arrived later in the evening, and met a friendly front-desk person and she provided us with a pet-friendly room in the back of the hotel. The lobby was a little torn-up as they are in the midst of renovating the front office.

The first thing we noticed after walking in was a cloying deodorizer smell- kind of like intense, cheap, flowery perfume. The rear entrance carpeting was loose, worn, and quite dirty. The room had the same carpet issue- loose, old carpeting that hadn't been replaced, or even restretched, for years. Although there was no obvious dirt on thise carpet, it was clearly worn, and there was a faint hint of pet urine in the room.

We went to use the hot tub, located in the front of the complex. We walked through the courtyard pool area, which had a very strong odor of manure. The spa itself was great- comfortable and spotlessly clear.

The beds and pillows were shot- old, saggy in the middle, and very uncomfortable. When we told the young man in the front office prior to checkout, he said that we should have told them at night, after checking in. Really? We went to bed at 11:30 pm. Move rooms?

No offer to remediate, basically a "Thanks, we'll check it out, now goodbye" attitude. To add insult to injury, they forgot to charge me at the AARP discount rate, so when they corrected it, my bank account was dinged for TWO pending fees, which didn't clear for 3 days.

I tried to contact them through email, but their website uses a "contact form" to which they never replied. Roseburg, OR has limited hotel choices, but the Best Western and the Holiday Inn Express seem to be much better options.

Room Tip: Find accommodations elsewhere....
Steven

I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience at hour hotel, but I can't agree with you more that the hotel was in need of renovation. As you mentioned in your review, the lobby was in the midst of being worked on and we have since proceeded on to work in the guest rooms.

Among the items we are currently working on or have been completed are flat screen TVs in all of the guest rooms and updated bedding. We have also gone through and repainted accent walls in the rooms and done work with the courtyard area to help with the appearance of the hotel. We have also been tracking the condition of the furniture and other items (such as you mentioned) so we know what we can improve upon.

We have been operating this hotel for just under 4 months now and are working on making improvements and very much appreciate your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

Allen Pike

Been to Windmill Inn of Roseburg? Share your experiences!