“DON'T STAY HERE!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   511 SE Stephens St, Roseburg, OR 97470 (Formerly Douglas Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Roseburg
Cornelius, OR
“DON'T STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of staying an HOUR in this dirty, stinking motel. One of the chairs looked like someone had puked on it and it had never been cleaned. After I had ridden my motorcycle around Crater and Diamond Lake all day I was beat. When I tried to go to sleep, the bed STUNK so badly. Absolutely, the worst motel I have ever stayed at and lemme tell you, I've been around. The guy at the front desk must have taken 20 minutes to get me checked in. For 10 minutes alone, he sat in front of his computer staring at the screen, not saying a word. He also didn't tell me verbally what the cost of the room was. He was slovenly, unshaven and is not someone I would recommend having represent me or my business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Salem, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Strong recommendation! Stay here if you want first-class treatment. Price is right. Owner's focus is on uncommon customer service. I have stayed in dozens of motels and, because of his friendly, accommodating and, yes, entertaining service, this is a stand out. He knows his business! Had breakfast at his Quality Inn (in Roseburg), got same great service from equally friendly, helpful staff. We definitely intend to stay again.

Room Tip: Upstairs 149 had comfortable king-size bed, large TV, fridge, tub/shower. Motel is close to good res...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Port Orford, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Reserved a room for smoking, two person, once arrived person was not there to check us into the room. once he did show up, checked us into the room and tried the charge us again for what was already paid through online transaction. once that was figured out, we went to our room to find that it was a non-smoking room. upon on asking him, he refused to give us the room we booked and told us "here's an ashtray, you can step outside of the room but you can't smoke inside" this was when the temperature was over 90F. we were tired and accepted the room as it was, but we won't ever be coming back. and breakfast was a joke.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I was a bit werry about this hotel at first. So I checked the room out first, not bad at all, very clean, must have some good housekeepers employed. I was able to walk to great dining, and downtown shopping to. Roadway inn, good hotel great stay. Thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2013
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Saint Patrick's day, pub crawl, was Awsome had a great night out, walked a block to my room, no cab, no DUI, quite and clean. For a econme hotel this place was nice. I tend to enjoy any choice hotel, best part about the Roadway Inn was the price it didn't empty my wallet. I had a great stay and a great night out to play.
Thank you Amrik, keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2013
Sutherlin, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I gave a fifty dollar bill to stay here, same as motel 6 runs. The last time I stayed here it was a different name, different color, same building, but brand new heat and AC units. Appeared to be brand new bedding. The hotel owner was the one whim rented my room to me, he had great coustomor service skills, he went the extra mile to make sure my stay was a good one. Price and quality sold me on my next stay.i'll go with 4 out of 5 stars value wise. Thank you roadway inn.
Will return soon.

• Stayed February 2013
Port Townsend, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Room dingy. Cigarette holes in sheets. Room cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. Wifi only avail in reception area. Bed has springs poking into sleeper. Noisy street. Paper thin walls. Creaky floors. Walkway to upper rooms is in disrepair.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!