“Don't stay here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   511 SE Stephens St, Roseburg, OR 97470 (Formerly Douglas Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
John Day, Oregon
“Don't stay here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

The room was dirty. Wax puddle on the carpet. Dirty spots on the carpet. Just plain filthy. No cups for water or coffee. Empty kleenex box. A lamp with no available place to plug out in. Bright light outside of room. Drunken neighbors screamed and cussed off and on all night. Noisy street traffic.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was a very good stay, clean, and the employs made sure I had everything I needed and that if I needed anything else. Front desk manager was very nice he made sure my stay was good and my money was worth spend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bay Area California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a really good stay,the manager was very kind he also told me there was a lot of new changes. There was a small free breakfast, but overrall for the place it was really good.
the rooms were clean, and the staff was very kind and called us after 5 mins to check up on us and if everything was okay. I would say this is overral a decent stay and i will surley stay again.

Room Tip: The Rooms in the front of the building at the end was the best and a great view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have to start by saying this was once a best western and it was nice,i put my boss up here once,but times they are a changing! This place is truthfully crime infested,the manager was arrested today for selling meth! one month ago a drug lab blew up,people have been harmed here and i would not want anyone to stay here that was not a meth user,they rent out rooms for long term.
Google this place and be informed before you book

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Had my room and my sisters room not been already paid for from this hotel we would not have stayed there. We called the hotel to add a room to our reservation to be paid for when we arrived that was fine and the only good thing I can say about this hotel. The room(s) they put my father in was a different story. The first room still was occupied so when he opened the door there was someone in there, the next room the whole back of the door was laying on the table, the third room he stayed in, but we put his bags in there and then left and when he returned approx 5 hours later his bag and open 12 pack of pop was gone. I had to leave where I was at to go back to the hotel only to be called a liar, not just once but several times. I thought maybe housekeeping could have gone in the room and mistakenly took the bags, but the guy at the front desk said oh no after housekeeping go in there NO ONE goes in the room! He only kept saying this. I have worked front desk in a motel before and know the person who rents a room is not the only people who have keys. THERE IS A MASTER KEY TO EVERYROOM!!! I was irate to say the least because my father has medication that he has to take and it was nowhere to be found. After about 45 minutes a lady who was asleep in her car in the lot says to the guy why don 't you go and check the laundry, as if I hadn't mentioned that before, but what do you know there they were and the guy at the front desk told us oh my boss went in there cause he thought they were someone else's bags. Ah hello they should have known that the room was just checked into. If that wasn't enough we didn't feel safe and did not sleep well at all!!! Please do not stay at this hotel. pay the extra and go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This motel, was for a one night stay on our way back from Washington. The service was really good. The breakfast in the morning was a bonus, and was really good. The employes were really kind, and helpful. The room was nice, and clean. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the front, for a better view!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jackson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Oh, why didn't I check tripadvisor first? (I know better!)

We've stayed there several times (no doubt why I didn't check) and were certainly not prepared for what we encountered. This used to be a pretty nice place and a good value. That was then.

Now, if you're a chain smoker (or someone who dreams of sleeping in a well-used unemptied ashtray) this may be your place. Maybe not.

When we got there this time, the rate wasn't great but seemed ok. We asked for a N/S downstairs on the backside, away from the Hiway 99 traffic and the traintracks. Were told none downstairs (on the back). OK. So upstairs.

Turns out all the first floor rooms back there are occupied by fat slob shirtless lowlifes (monthly occupancy) sitting outside their rooms, that we had to step over or around to get to our stairway.

We got upstairs to our room, prominenently marked NON SMOKING. YUCK!!! You could not possible tell it from the worst smoking room. Grabbed the phone; called the desk; and they reassigned us.

We moved 3 doors down in a row of NON SMOKING roooms. This room was definitely less noxious. That did not make it good. (There were ashtrays on both sides of the bed!)

The bedspread particularly reeked of stench. I deliverd the bedspread (and the ashtrays) to the office.

We know better than to think that any motel will refund our money. (They already knew we were unhappy and were anything but sympathetic.) And we were too cheap to go elsewhere and pay twice for the same night. We were going to be faced with degree-of-stench in whatever "non smoking" room we were offered.

So we opened it up, and for the 14 hours we occupied the room turned on whatever fans were operative.

Even the (clean) towels reeked. How is this possible? Does the cleaning staff smoke in the laundry AND the guest rooms?

Hmmmm, what else...

The rooms (both of them) were filthy. Layers of dirt and dust everywhere. Do not THINK of opening the drawers.

And the air conditioner looked and acted like a train wreck. We couldn't find any setting that didn't quickly turn to frost and then into a solid block of ice that prevented any air flow whatsoever.

This used to be a nice clean comfortable well situated place that's become a toxic waste dump.

It was harldy surprising, as we were leaving, to see another couple cancelling their second and third nights.

Well, that's probably enought for one report. A decent place gone totally to hell. Did I mention? We won't be back. Damn shame.

Room Tip: Go somewhere (anywhere) else!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!