“stay was just great” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kelowna, Canada
“stay was just great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

room was clean and quiet....and they were very nice about the dogs.
Wish they had a restaurant on site....but was still easy to bring in dinner. easy access off highway. everything we needed. breakfast and cookies were good

Room Tip: i didnt use fitness room or room service
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BWGardenVillaInn, General Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write review on TripAdvisor about our Roseburg property. We appreciate your positive feedback about your stay!

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. We are pleased to hear that enjoyed or breakfast and cookie bar

Harj Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised, very comfortable bed, clean room and pretty decent breakfast. After traveling a few hours, it was a nice treat to find cookies waiting after my check-in. Definitely add this location to your stop, if you find yourself needing a place to stay in this area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWGardenVillaInn, General Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write review on TripAdvisor about our Roseburg property. We appreciate your wonderful feedback about your stay!

I am pleased to hear you were pleasantly suprised. Thank you for your compliments about the cleanliness and comfort of your room. I will share your wonderful feedback with all of the staff members.

As always, we will have cookies and milk out every evening so that you can enjoy them on your next stay! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels!

Redwood City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was traveling north on I-5 and stayed at the Garden Villa Inn. On first arrival I was given a key to an occupied room. Luckily the room was empty at the time. After an apology, I was given a new room and was quite pleased. The interior was clean and in good shape. Nice furniture, bedding, towels and decor. The outside was a bit worn. I don't know if a fresh coat of paint would help. The style of the motel seems like it's from the 60's or 70's. Can't do much to change that. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I woul;d have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
BWGardenVillaInn, General Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding the maintenance and cleanliness of your room. We are pleased to hear that found our facility satisfactory!

Medford, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had to go to Roseburg because my husband's mother is dying and had to be hospitalized. We needed to stay the night so checked Best Western's rate. The front desk lady, Sarah D., knew why we were in Roseburg because I had to ask for directions from the hospital. We checked in, ate dinner and went to our room absolutely mentally exhausted from the sad ordeal with my husband's mom. At 10:20 pm a lady next to us yelled into her phone for 30 minutes telling someone all about her life. We could hear every word as these walls must be paper thin. After this it was close to 11:00 pm. She turned on her TV extremely loud. My husband knocked on the wall and said "Could you turn that down?" She BANGED on the wall and said "Go [--] yourself" I immediately called the front desk, reaching Sarah D. again. I said I wanted to change rooms as the lady next to us was cussing at us. She said she was helping a guest check in and I said we would be right down. My husband and I were extremely upset and distraught at this point. Within one minute or less we were at the front desk. We told her we didn't want to stay next to this person swearing at us. Sarah D. acted mad as she typed on the computer, barely looking at us. She then said "I was up there and talked to her." I said "How could you have done that? We just came down the same steps and didn't see you?" Sarah D. the Best Western employee yelled at me and said "There is a door right behind me and YOU'RE BEING RUDE!". I broke down and sobbed....Sarah D. then said "You guys can just check out." So my husband said "Fine, check us out." I was crying and saying "Where are we going to go?" It was after 11:00 pm and I said "I cannot believe how you are treating us after all we have been through today." (I really couldn't believe it because she KNEW why we were in Roseburg!) And Sarah D. yelled at us and said "I WAS going to upgrade you to a Suite and YOU'RE ON CAMERA!" We walked out the door. I have tried calling the General Manager for three days and no return phone call....In all of my 46 years I have never, ever been talked to by someone like this especially a person in a professional setting. I am appalled and disgusted by this women's behavior and would not recommend anyone staying at this Best Western in Roseburg as they treat their guest in a horrible, terrible and demeaning way! Clearly they also do not care about customer service as I have not received a return phone call and I did leave my name and number the very next morning. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
The guest has been contacted and the issue has been resolved.
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Hotel is very easy to get off on I-5, exit 125.

Rooms are very comfortable and clean.

Breakfast in the morning is a full hot breakfast. One of my favorites. Fresh cookies in the evening . Hot tub and pool are nice.

Rates are very reasonable. About $75.

When every I stay in Roseburg, I stay here. I've stayed here at least a dozen times.

Plenty of parking for Rv's or semi's in the mall parking lot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWGardenVillaInn, General Manager at Best Western Garden Villa Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you find our location and the adjacent parking so convenient and practical for your stays at our hotel. Thank you for your sincere compliments regarding our amenities; including the cookie bar, breakfast buffet, pool and hot tub.

We look forward to welcoming you back another dozen times during your future travels!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel back in November. After driving 8 hours I happy to be greeted and treated so hospitality. This is a great location, it's right off of 1-5 so its easy to find. My room was clean and overall my stay was very comfortable. A bonus with this hotel are all the great amenities they offer to their customers (wifi, pool, etc). Best of all they had an amazing hot breakfast the next morning. I will defiantly be staying here again on my future travels.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

I will be sure to recognize the staff members who assisted you during your stay for their hospitality. Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complementary amenities, including the breakfast buffet.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel in Roseburg and I have to say by far they are the cleanest in town. We've stayed at some of the other hotels in this town and you cannot compare. Very clean and refreshing rooms plus the exterior was well kept up as well. The breakfast was amazing with so much to choose from.

The management is doing a fabulous job. Keep it up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write review on TripAdvisor about our Roseburg property. We appreciate your sincere feedback about your stay!

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet.

Harj Singh

Been to Best Western Garden Villa Inn? Share your experiences!