“Trying to mellow out” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Glide, Or
“Trying to mellow out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed the night in Roseburg which is only 30 miles from our house. My husband was to have cataract surgery early the next morning and was terrified. We stayed at the Best Western which is in the same shopping center. I had to work at 2 am, so this would save us from doing extra driving since he couldn't following the surgery. We decided to eat at Si Casa Flores because we'd heard it was good and don't really go out to dinner much. We got there before the dinner rush. We were able to relax, have a drink, eat chips and salsa while we waited for our dinner to go. My husband got to unwind there a little and we took the food back to the room, that had been packed so carefully, and he was able to heat it in the micro-wave because I had to get to sleep. ( I did enjoy my food while it was still hot before going to bed).

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Myrtle Creek, Oregon, USA
“Celebrating Cinco de Mayo a la Mexicana...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I normally don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I must admit. As a Mexican-American from East L.A., September 16th was always the true Mexican Independence Day. When she picked me up from work today to head home (we carpool), my wife asked: "Where are we going for Cinco?" Alright, I didn't want to cook and neither did she.

Si Casa Flores proved to be a great option! We got there just in time! After getting seated, the line soon formed as other folks streamed in to have their "Cinco" margaritas and Mexican food.

I ordered a Dos Equis tap beer and my wife had a wonderful Margarita. As my entree, I had the Pollo en Mole (chicken in a spicy, red, chocolate sauce) and my wife chose the seafood enchiladas for hers. Sampling each others meals is requisite for us and all I can say is "Delicioso!"

I bemoaned the fact that my portion seemed a bit smaller than hers, but that was just my own greed speaking because my meal was so delicious.

It's always fun rattling off Spanish to Spanish speaking wait staff at Latin restaurants here in Oregon. Have a fun time for yourself and speak whatever language you want, but visit Si Casa Flores for a GREAT meal!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Puget Sound
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Hotel which is practically in the same parking lot. I chose this restaurant because I didn’t want to drive and this was an easy walk. It was great find. I thoroughly enjoyed my Carnitas De Res. It was good quality beef, very flavorful and nice size portions. The service wasn’t bad. Maybe a little slow but overall a very pleasant meal after a long day of driving.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burbank, California
“Excellent Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great food, drinks, fast and friendly service, but a little on the pricey side for Mexican food. Just too expensive to go on a regular basis but good for a special or occasional visit.

Visited January 2014
Glide, Oregon
“Decent mexican place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Chips and salsa are ok. Not sure if margarita actually had any tequila in the mix. I had the chili verde and it was pretty good. Wouldn't mind coming back but will try other places in Roseburg first.

• Visited September 2013