“Better than expected.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 118 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: American
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We live nearby and have eaten at Shari's Roseburg several times. When the restaurant was first built, we were expecting something similar to Denny's. After eating here several times, we feel the food quality is a notch above the Denny's type restaurant food. Plus Shari's has a fresh pie selection for eat in or take home desserts. The servers leave a coffee carafe at the table for convenience. Restaurant is clean and bright inside. As far as I am concerned, breakfast is the best bet but I am partial to breakfast. If you are local, check the local coupon paper to clip money saving coupons for breakfast, lunch or dinner savings. If you are passing through, the restaurant is an "easy off, easy on" from I-5. Motel 6 shares the Shari's parking lot as well. Overall a decent place to eat.

Marina, California
“Surpassed my Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I ordered the Caesar salad with broiled salmon with a bit of apprehension. Happily, the salad surpassed my expectations! The salmon was warm, and combined with the fresh greens and dressing, made a delicious lunch. I would certainly order the salad again. The server was nice although she tended to respond as she was walking away which is a tad dismissive. The restaurant is very conveniently located off I-5.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roseburg, Oregon
“Weak on two visits”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Now I admit this has been a couple years ago but it is worth listing as it is a true experience.

I first went to Shari's for dinner with my family. I enjoy food and like to check out new restaurants in town. I was not being adventurous so I just ordered a burger and fries.

The burger was OK, nothing special. What shocks me to this day a couple years later was the fries. I counted them. 14 fries on my plate. The platter looked bare. It was like they ran out of fries and didn't offer a substitute.

The meal cost $10 too. I could've gone to Red Robin across town and got a much better burger with all I can eat fries at the same price.

Maybe the worst part was that when I left and was paying, the register girl asked how my meal was. I told her I was disappointed in the meal and service as a whole. She seemed like she had never heard anything like that before and didn't even offer any apology. It was very odd and unprofessional.

I went again with a friend fro breakfast at his request a couple weeks later and breakfast service was not any better. Overpriced and not very impressive.

I don't know if they've improved but those two trips made me have no desire to try for a third strike.

For the record this visit was prior to 02/13 but I couldn;t go back any further on the review dropdown list. I hope things have changed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“The Manager was outstanding!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The morning manager at the Shari's Restaurant in Roseburg, OR. is such a gentleman and knows how to please a customer. He was patient and understand and because of him we will go back!

Visited November 2013
“Out of food and waited an hour for burgers & salads”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Ordered cottage cheese and they ere out. Then, ordered baked potato soup and they were out. Finally settled on a waffle, burger and two garden side salads and received our food after 50 minutes. Right off I-5 but don't stop if you need to get somewhere.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Shari's Roseburg? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Shari's Roseburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.