“Such a shame!” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Temecula, California
“Such a shame!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Reds were pretty decent, in particular his Claret, very smooth!

The three dogs inside the tasting room were friendly....great looking dogs.

Their pours are a bit short from the norm. The lady at the counter blew our minds when she told us she was "70" she looks fantastic for her age not to mention her personality is so much FUN!

For the not so great aspect of Spangler:
The owner must of fallen asleep in his 101 public relations class ...he is hardly personable at the contrary he is cold & very uninviting :( its a real shame!

Visited June 2013

Temecula, California
78 attraction reviews
“Dry! Dry! Dry! Not referring to the wine more so the owner/winemaker...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Come on ...being hospitable is an integral part of ANY business, more so in the
wine industry. This owner does not connect with his customers on any level, he has no idea the importance of taking the basic steps to have his customers feel welcomed. If it had not been for the mature friendly short black hair lady we would have shortened our visit! She was not ONLY personable & engaging she was the reason we stuck around. Super sweet!!!

Will not deny he makes decent reds, his Claret was really nice as well as his Syrah.

Congrat's on your winemaking capabilities...closing the gap on your disconnect with your "potential" customers is crucial.

Abacela winery recommended Spangler's reds ...I hope the owner opens his eyes to the other negative reviews as well and takes it all in as constructive criticism. Perhaps he does not realize a winery is a place to ENJOY, leave the sterile personality for office matters. A simple "welcome" does wonders!

Verdict:
Good reds (4 stars) however the overall ambiance falls short giving this winery an overall rating of 3 stars.

Visited June 2013
Winchester, Oregon
“Fabulous REDS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was able to visit this winery with a good friend of mine who happens to be one of their wine club members. It is off the beaten path but very worth the effort to visit.

Being a person that favors red wine, I decided to focus on tasting the reds. As I progressed through the tastings, I found myself marking positive points on ALL the wines presented. From the very reasonably priced "Red Table Wine" all the way up to their "2006 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon". I ended up choosing a bottle of their 2008 Reserve Merlot to take home and share with my wife. A very rich Merlot with a black cherry, dark cocoa and a bit of a spicy finish with a hint of vanilla. MMMMMM! :-)

I was able to meet Pat and Loree Spangler and found them to be VERY passionate about making wine and sharing it with others. Pat invited my friend and I back behind the scenes and let us barrel taste a few of their new wines they are working on. It was a joy seeing Pat's eyes sparkle as he explained what was happening at different stages of the process.

I will be returning with wife in tow to share with her the wonderful wines of Spangler!

Visited November 2012