“It was good.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Roseburg
“It was good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have visited Mariachi Loco twice and both times I have enjoyed what I have eaten. They have a unique fire roasted salsa. It is darker and less "tomato looking" like you would find in most Mexican restaurants. My mom-n-law asked for an even spicier salsa and they come out with one that was awesome.

I have had their chicken chimichanga on my previous visit and chicken enchilada on this latest visit. Both food items were very good.

I look forward to returning again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best authentic, home style mexican food in Roseburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Mariachi Loco offers the best variety of well seasoned, authentic mexican food in Roseburg. We have spent a lot of time eating in non-touristy Mexican restaurants through the years and this by far comes up with that much loved taste. Fresh food, at reasonable prices.

Visited May 2013
Roseburg, Oregon
“Average, but will give them another try!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our first time to eat at Mariachi Loco. The salsa was wonderful! Salty, yet sweet, and we couldn't get enough! The chips were very greasy but the salsa made up for them! We both ordered taco salads with chicken: In the very bottom of the shell was one spoonful of refried beans -- not near enough to our liking. Next was a bit of lettuce followed by a large amount of white (yes, white!) rice combined with potatoes, carrots, and peas. We found this odd that such a popular local restaurant would use such a filler. Next in the salad was chicken which had no flavoring or seasong. It seemed like the refried beans were the only Mexican food in our taco salad that had any flavor and there wasn't much of them! We were a bit disappointed in our selections. Not once did anyone offer to refill our sodas yet I saw this woman, Olga, go to several other tables yet she not once came to ours. And with the salsa, we needed drink refills. The restaurant had many people eating there that night and their dinners looked good, as did their Margaritas. We will give them another try in the future. Hopefully we will receive better service and more authenic Mexican fare.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Top Notch Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Mariachi Loco is my favorite mexican restaurant in Roseburg, Oregon. Everything they make is fresh and very delicious. They also have great service and neat decor. The best part is the owner. Everytime we eat here, he personally comes over to our table and makes sure everything was ok. I think it's great when the owner does the rounds to all the patrons to make sure they are happy. You DO NOT see this level of service at any other mexican restaurant in town. The prices are good too. Overall A+

Visited December 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
“Rough start but worth it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We've been here 3 times now. The first time we were there didn't warrant a second visit but we tried anyway. Glad we did. The first visit had horrible service. We were there over 2 hours waiting and waiting. It took forever to get menus. It took forever to order. We seemed to be bothering them. I had the carne asada and it was very bland. Very disappointing. My wife had good food though so we went back. The last 2 times I had their shredded beef burrito. It was delicious and very flavorful. The service has been good. Fast and friendly. I'm really glad we gave it another chance. My wife loves their margaritas. The atmosphere is nice too. I'd highly suggest you visit. Top 1 or 2 places for Mexican food in Roseburg for sure.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere