“Rave wine!, "colorfull" tasting room” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 28 things to do in Roseburg
Activities: Wine tasting
Seattle, Washington
“Rave wine!, "colorfull" tasting room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very senic country setting, and of course excellent wines by grapes grown there. I am familiar with the wines, as I used to sell them when I owned a small sausage/wine shop in Leavenworth. New to me was their Baco Noir, which I had tried the previous night @ Pedotti's Italian in Sutherland. Even met the original ownerPhilippe Girardet, and was treated royally by Jade the sales/person. A great time and experience here, well worth the trip, which was fun!!

Visited April 2013

los angeles
10 attraction reviews
“helpful, informative, and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We enjoyed all the tastes of wine that they offer at no charge, and we felt the bottles were priced fairly and the wine was all good. We bought a bottle of Pinot Gris at $15 and the very helpful daughter of the founder of the winery told us that they do not have a distributor in California so we considered joining their wine club. The tasting room is not fancy at all and a couple of family dogs have free range, but it really is family run and easy to find off highway 42.
We liked the handicapped accessibility of the entrance and the easy parking.

Visited September 2012
Astoria Or
9 attraction reviews
“Girardet Winery and Vineyards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The best afternoons my wife and I have ever had at a winery, we were treated like family. The staff was very informative and helpful with any questions we had not to mention making it possible for us to meet "Franky", thanks Cara
The special thanks to owner and wine maker Marc Girardet for taking time out of his busy day to come up to the the tasting area to meet with us and talk wines.
That said Girardet wines are fantastic and I can not say enough about their wines, you can not go wrong with any of them and their Baco Noir reserve is the best, trust me.

Visited September 2012
Ukiah, California
“pinot noir sideways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Check it out. Better than Booneville wines. Worth a side trip. Must be the soil. Great for taking to the beach

Visited August 2012
Ashland, Oregon
94 attraction reviews
“Great wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We used Girardet's wines for our son's wedding, and both the red and white were enjoyed by all. Good wines at a reasonable price!

Visited January 2012