“Interesting” 4 of 5 stars

Florence, Oregon
18 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Better suited to older children. My 6 yr old seemed to like the hands on portions. My 2 and 5 yr olds were wanting more to touch and feel, which is what I expected.

I liked the scenes, like the wagon camp with the mercantile. I will definitely return as my children get older.

WINSTON
“Museum fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a good time my first visit. I visited for Halloween. Costumes were great. I got some great pictures.

Visited December 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
“A must see for all visitors and families!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Douglas County should take great pride in a museum of this caliber. The staff is friendly and helpful. The exhibits are exceptional, along with live exhibits. They offer family and kid outings too. From the History buff to the curious observer - this is a must see!

Visited July 2013
Winchester
3 attraction reviews
“Great stop for info about Douglas County”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The museum is filled with lots of stuffed animals along with some great history information about Douglas County. It was worth the stop.

Visited July 2013
oregon
19 attraction reviews
“very interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

when we walked in the front desk was very helpful ,they did not charge my teen admission ( I think they like kids to learn history!) I asked about the research room as I had some local connections even though the research room was not open till afternoon the lady asked me what names I was researching , wrote them down and looked them up later when she saw me again she told me what she found then led me to the research room and let me look at the documents ,then she made copies for me of the items at a very reasonable cost
We really enjoyed the museum displays this is a great museum for children and adults alike we spent about 3 hours
If you like museums and have the time I would recommend a stop here

Visited March 2013