“Fun place to visit!” 5 of 5 stars

portland, oregon
11 attraction reviews
“Fun place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

It's a bit off the freeway in Roseburg, but worth the short drive. When I arrived, the place was no one was there but the owner,John, had a phone number posted. He had just stepped out for a moment. I called and he was there in about 5 minutes. I enjoyed looking at the things outside while I waited. John is very nice and he has a good sense of humor.

You will be reminded of the 'American Pickers' show, as mentioned by others. The property is flanked by a vineyard, and the surrounding hills are beautiful. His buildings fit right in and is fun to see from the moment it comes into view.

His prices are low and he has a variety of antiques, collectibles and whatnot. He explained to me that he brings a lot of his 'stuff' from the midwest, and that sets his offerings apart from your average store. Be sure tocheck out his old advertising signs and old soda pop coolers. He also has fun yard art--some of which he and another person make.

I stopped there because of TA reviews. It was a welcome respite from driving I-5. Do visit if you like nostalgia. I wish I could have stayed longer. Make sure to take your camera!

Visited October 2013

Sonoma, California
4 attraction reviews
“Great stop for garage sale junkies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you like hunting for hidden treasures in the form of collectibles, old signs, tables, chairs, tractor parts, mid-century patio chairs, fountain stools, this is the place. Owner, Mr. Baird, a wonderful host, will talk your leg off. A delightful experience.

Visited August 2013
Longview, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Like collectibles? You'll love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were in Roseburg for a weekend of car races. We have been to Roseburg several times and had already done the wine tours, the covered bridges, the historical museum and were searching for something different to see on Saturday morning before the racetrack opened. I saw the TA review of Riversdale Valley Farm and we decided it would be an interesting place to check out.

I had the address, but still missed the sign and had to backtrack. It's a short distance from the highway. When we talked with the owner, John, he suggested that folks call ahead and then he will be sure to be there to greet them.

As others have said, this is just an amazing collection of stuff. In our travels around the country, we have been to many antique and collectibles shops, but this is, by far, the largest one we've seen. The thing that impressed us the most was how well organized it is. Each of the several barns contain specified items and John can give you the history on many of them.

If you are into collectibles, or just enjoy watching the History Channel's American Pickers, this place is a must see!

Roseburg, Oregon
8 attraction reviews
“Two hours well spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a great place to spend a few hours in Roseburg. The owner, John, is friendly and willling to tell you about all the treasures he has in his barns. He brings stuff from Kansas where he also has a farm. Some might call much of his treasures junk, but the history that goes along with each item is fascinating. We got two specials the day we visited (I think it's an everyday specialis) no admission fee, and no fine for not buying anything. John was great and fun to talk to. Call ahead to be sure he's there to show you around.

Roseburg
“Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

What an amazing place! We stopped in on the way home from 4th of July festivities, and I'm so glad we did! There is so much to see, and each piece has a story (its up to you to decide which stories are true!) I could have spent several more hours looking through things and talking with John. I'm glad we live just down the road, because I have a feeling I'll be out there a lot! I definitely recommend stopping in if you are in the area. If you don't see John, just give him a call, you'll be glad you did.