“Great stop for garage sale junkies” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Farms
Attraction Details
Sonoma, California
4 attraction reviews
“Great stop for garage sale junkies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you like hunting for hidden treasures in the form of collectibles, old signs, tables, chairs, tractor parts, mid-century patio chairs, fountain stools, this is the place. Owner, Mr. Baird, a wonderful host, will talk your leg off. A delightful experience.

Visited August 2013

Longview, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Like collectibles? You'll love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were in Roseburg for a weekend of car races. We have been to Roseburg several times and had already done the wine tours, the covered bridges, the historical museum and were searching for something different to see on Saturday morning before the racetrack opened. I saw the TA review of Riversdale Valley Farm and we decided it would be an interesting place to check out.

I had the address, but still missed the sign and had to backtrack. It's a short distance from the highway. When we talked with the owner, John, he suggested that folks call ahead and then he will be sure to be there to greet them.

As others have said, this is just an amazing collection of stuff. In our travels around the country, we have been to many antique and collectibles shops, but this is, by far, the largest one we've seen. The thing that impressed us the most was how well organized it is. Each of the several barns contain specified items and John can give you the history on many of them.

If you are into collectibles, or just enjoy watching the History Channel's American Pickers, this place is a must see!

Roseburg, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
“Two hours well spent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a great place to spend a few hours in Roseburg. The owner, John, is friendly and willling to tell you about all the treasures he has in his barns. He brings stuff from Kansas where he also has a farm. Some might call much of his treasures junk, but the history that goes along with each item is fascinating. We got two specials the day we visited (I think it's an everyday specialis) no admission fee, and no fine for not buying anything. John was great and fun to talk to. Call ahead to be sure he's there to show you around.

Roseburg
“Who knew?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

What an amazing place! We stopped in on the way home from 4th of July festivities, and I'm so glad we did! There is so much to see, and each piece has a story (its up to you to decide which stories are true!) I could have spent several more hours looking through things and talking with John. I'm glad we live just down the road, because I have a feeling I'll be out there a lot! I definitely recommend stopping in if you are in the area. If you don't see John, just give him a call, you'll be glad you did.

Kirkland, Washington
“1928 Dodge Bros car?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

After driving for hours from Portland, I needed a break. I'd read some interesting things online about the Riversdale Valley Farm, and while I've never been one to go out of my way for antiques, the reviews were positive enough I thought I'd check it out.

I'm so glad it I did! John came out to the barn just to show me around, chatted about his recent experiences at some trade shows, and was basically all around friendly, playful, and hospitable. I ended up finding some classy old cigar boxes that I bought at a very reasonable price.

Besides the pleasure of meeting a kind soul, though, the big highlight for me was when John opened a secret side door in one of the barns, and led me to the oldest car I've ever soon. One of those giant fendered Dodge Bros car you'd see in the Great Gatsby or something even older. It had a hand crank on the front and everything. The most extraordinary thing? It still ran!
I'm not a car guy, or an antique guy, but let me tell you there's a strange kind of thrill in sitting inside a piece of history. I kind of want to buy one now...

Thanks John!