“Unusual Motel 6, good bargain, but it's time to replace the mattresses” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Roseburg

You added Motel 6 Roseburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Roseburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3100 NW Aviation dr., I-5 & Edenbower Blvd, Roseburg, OR 97470   |
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Portland, Oregon
“Unusual Motel 6, good bargain, but it's time to replace the mattresses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Conveniently located just off I-5 in Roseburg, which is good since it was around midnight when we got in. The manager was super nice and friendly, and we got a room on an upper floor. This Motel 6 has elevators, which is unusual. Also unusual is the fact that they offer a AAA discount on top of their low rates.

The room was typical Motel 6 spartan- tube TV bolted to the ceiling, no coffee maker, two double beds. I'm sorry to say that the beds were saggy and lumpy, definitely worse than what I'm used to at Motel 6. But after driving all day, I didn't notice the lumps for long.

The bathroom made up for the beds, though. It contained a great little corner tub /shower unit instead of the corner showers usually found at Motel 6. It's smaller than the ones sold to homeowners, and would actually fit in my tiny bathroom at home. Seriously, I want one.

Coffee downstairs was good and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Glad we stopped there for the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
silverdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Conveniently located just off I-5, but, between the airport, Home Depot & Lowe's, you might be a bit nervous, however for just $54 we got a nice, clean room with two double beds! Seriously! The customer service was prompt & pleasant & eager to please! Their rate does not include breakfast, but there is hot coffee to be had at all times, & please note...this is a pet friendly hotel. Now, while I did not have my big girl with me, I am always appreciative of a property that allows pets, & this hotels certainly does & for those of you that care a key factor here is that there is NO charge for a pet. No fee, no deposit! A nice plus! For those of you that don't care, you can note that you could not detect a pet odor in the hotel. It was very clean. One thing I would recommend is requesting a room on the third floor for noise purposes.

Room Tip: Third floor, furthest corner...there seems to be no insulation between floors for noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Anacortes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a great choice for an overnight andthe money you save on the room will allow you to have the better breakfast of your choice at one of the local restaurants and still have money left over instead of in the room. The hotel is very well kept and NOT like a normal Motel 6. This is a very fancy Motel 6 and they obviously take pride in their hotel. The rooms are very spacious and clean, the access to the freeway is perfect without any noise from the traffic, and the staff is very courteous and welcoming. While there are more expensive places, this has the same quality without the more expensive price. A Great choice for almost everyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We recently chose to stay at several Motel 6s on an extended road trip and this was the best. Excellent service, nice location, clean, safe, nice. Jessica checked us in efficiently and the rest of the staff were very focused on good customer service. If only all of the motels were this nice and well run.

Room Tip: Ask if the rooms have inside entries (versus rooms with outdoor entries). For us, this is a plus...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Billings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

All if the staff has been extremely kind,cheerful, and happy to help in anyway they can. The rooms are spacious even with two beds in them. For the price nothing even comes close to the value that you get at any motel in the area. The employees make you feel right at home like family without all the drama and black eyes and wedgies!!

• Stayed September 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Having relocated to the Roseburg area from Las Vegas in late July we thought that finding a home to rent would be easy, well it was but unavailable until Sept 1st. We called several motels in the area for weekly rates and Motel 6 off of I-5 was the least expensive and there were no extra fees for our 2 small dogs, Staying here was the best choice that we could have made. Large double rooms, free wi-fi, 24 hr coffee in the lobby and the most amazing staff that I have ever encountered. They are always accomidating and always go above and beyond if we have a request. We have been here a little over a month now (grrrr) but thanks to the wonderful staff who we now call friends and who has made our extended stay here quite enjoyable, I would recommend this location to anyone and have.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I love a clean room and comfortable bed at a fair price. I don't need fancy. I thought I scored a great deal- the room was very clean, the window opened up, and my dog could stay for free. All great. I requested another pillow- the three pillows on the bed were very flat and old. This became a problem when I talked to the front desk clerk. She was very friendly, but said that she'd have to look in the other rooms to find two extra pillows, and would bring them to the room. About 45 minutes later she appeared at the door with another motel worker and two pillows- one had a little poof to it, and the other was flat. She reported that they had scoured the hotel looking for extra pillows, and that was the best they could do.

I woke up the next morning in agony. The bed was very hard, and coupled with the flat pillows, my neck muscles were shot. I had a huge problem with neck spasms for the following three weeks. Since we were staying for two nights, I purchased another pillow at a nearby store, but it was too late. My trip was ruined, and driving home was extremely difficult.

I will be returning to Roseburg, but I will not be returning to the Roseburg Motel 6.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and memory foam mattress pad if you are even thinking about sleeping on their...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Quality Inn Central
#10 of 15 in Roseburg
3.5 of 5 stars 106 reviews
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Sutherlin / Roseburg

Been to Motel 6 Roseburg? Share your experiences!