“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Roseburg
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place was clean and quietand comfortable. I would not have wanted to stay on the interstate side. Room was average, owners are remodeling a little at a time. The furniture needs some rearranging and please find somewhere else to put the coffee and microwave besides the sink area. Leaves nowhere for your stuff. The guy at check in made fun of my accent, but was helpful when I couldn't get the wi-fi to work, gave us exta hand towels. Did not understand how rooms were assigned. Motel was not full by any means, but they put someone over us when other rooms could have been used.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Amrik R, General Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this review, October 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I shall begin by saying that I have purposely let some time lapse prior to writing this review. I stayed here when I relocated to Roseburg from a land far, far away. After an excruciatingly long road trip, I was flabbergasted to find out that the third-party site I had booked the room through had screwed up. Imagine, driving cross country, getting three hours from your destination, encountering tire problems with your moving truck which extend the trip by another 3 hours, and then getting to the hotel to find out you have been booked the wrong room! All out of the control of the hotel, I understand that. It took me over 2 hours on the phone with the third party to FINALLY get into my room.

Unfortunately, I had to pay extra for the correct room that night, leaving me to have it out with the third party later. I must say, the young man at the front desk was extremely kind and helpful.

The problem with the hotel started after my check-out. In order to get into the correct room, I was charged about $30 extra. When I looked at my card balance a week after my stay, I found multiple charges for various amount adding up to over $100. I called the hotel and they said they would reverse the charges. Imagine how angry I was when I looked at my card balance again and saw that there were more charges! Totaling over $200.

Remember, I had just moved to town and started a new job. The last thing I wanted/needed to do was take time off to go deal with this. I had to because I was getting nowhere over the phone, in fact, the charges continued to pile on. I went to the hotel. I was given some excuse. The owner of the hotel was making up excuses and finally let the manager take care of it. The manager told me she had no idea why all the charges had been duplicated as opposed to reversed. The owner tried to blame it on the young man who checked me in, but it was said owner who had charged my card the morning I checked out. Nothing added up. Ultimately, everything, including the original $30, was reversed. The owner mentioned it like she wanted me to give her a medal for it.

Here is why I will NEVER stay at a Choice hotel property again... As a matter of fact I will gladly pay more money and stay at a less convenient location to avoid giving Choice Hotels my money... Frustrated with the response I was given at the hotel, I called the corporate office. I began with the billing people and they told me that, "Each hotel is independently owned and operated....yatta, yatta, yatta." I went to customer service. After very calmly telling the man at customer service my ordeal, he hung up on me. Thinking I had been disconnected due to my poor cell reception, I called again. Again, I was hung up on. Angry, I called Choice Hotels on Facebook. They acted very concerned in the public comments, but did absolutely nothing once I had provided the information I had requested. Mind you, this all happened while I still had over $200 worth of extra charges on my card. The response from corporate was revolting.

As my reviews indicate, I stay at hotels quite often, many times at Choice Hotel properties. Never again. Additionally, I work in an industry where we have people constantly moving into town or staying in town for weeks at a time. I will never recommend the Quality Inn of Roseburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Your recent stay at Quality Inn Central in Roseburg

QUALITY INN ROSEBURG
541-673-5561
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was older & close to freeway but well-maintained. We were greeted with fresh-baked cookies & bottle of water in clean, nicely furnished room.
Breakfast was a huge selection of hot foods. I will stay here every time we travel this way.

• Stayed August 2013

Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

great hotel, very clean room very clean great stay,staff is very nice.sheets and pillow cases very clean smelled very clean,bathroom shower tub and toilet very clean, only thing I found was four beer bottles under the sink area,other then that very nice,the grounds were very clean.The hotel lobby was great,very clean and bright,great breakfest.

Room Tip: room 211 upstairs in the kinda in the corner close to the pool, very nice room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Long Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived last night around 11pm - only room left was a pet friendly King size room. Smelt a bit like animal pet cleaning vacuum powder, but that was fine. Cause it was BIG and CLEAN. And that was important to me - also it was quiet, they had a air conditioner wall unit that worked well. Good TV experience. Nice free big continental breakfast. Quiet area, right next to I5. Didn't hear freeway at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amrik R, General Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
July 9th, 2013

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Nit sure what that room had but both my kids got bug bites all over. The carpeting was incredibly dirty. Only wear shoes. The room was big. But wasted space. Wifi was choppy. Just yucky place needs refurbishing.

• Stayed June 2013
Your recent stay at Quality Inn Central in Roseburg

QUALITY INN ROSEBURG
541-673-5561
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an exceptionally nice Quality Inn, all spiffy white outside paint and renovated rooms. Excellent mattress, room squeaky clean, high quality sheets (yes, really) and furniture that appears new. Pool neat and tidy and inviting. This is one of those motels built in a U shape around a parking lot with pool in the middle. Some first floor rooms have no second floor above them, some do. The breakfast was very good quality with more choices than some free breakfasts in hotels. The breakfast room was very large, very clean and attractive, with photos of old Roseburg hotels on the walls. The property looks like it has owners who really care and run a very nice hotel. This would be a good place to stay if you are taking the Rogue-Umpqua scenic byway over to Crater Lake.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amrik R, General Manager at Quality Inn Central, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Jillben,

GM

Been to Quality Inn Central? Share your experiences!