“Good place to spend night” 5 of 5 stars

You added Dunes Motel to your Saves list
610 West Madrone Street, Roseburg, OR 97470   |
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Roseburg
Crescent City, California
“Good place to spend night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

They give you a real room key vs a plastic card. Denny's is on same block; other dining choices within walking distance. Room was big and it was quiet. When I checked in I wasn't sure if I could park my F150 in the covered parking. There is ample other parking also. The lady actually went to door and looked and told me it was fine. Can open the big window for fresh air. It was in 80s so room was a little warm. I turned on wall type a/c which was a bit loud but it didn't take long to cool room; not a big deal for me. Rooms are upstairs and have two secure entries from outside. It looks like an older place and kind of smells like it but for the peace and quiet I overlooked that. Real easy to get off and on Hwy 5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Travelling Canuck/Yank
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Room was large. Comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom.Owner was on site, and very accommodating. Not a chain motel. These are all good things.

Hallways and overall building could use a spruce-up.

Good value overnight stay.

Room Tip: We appeared to be the only guests, so can't comment on the soundproofing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chilliwack, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Although their brochure does not promise to provide for special requests. I am unable to climb stairs and specificaly requested a ground floor room or an elevator be available. On arrival was told I had to climb stairs and that the desk clerk was not aware of any "special request". I could see my booking form on his desk and clearly see my special request. To be fair to the hotel we where not charged for our room, but did have to find another motel in town

Room Tip: always follow-up with a phone call to confirm special requests.
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our family stopped at the Dunes motel on our way back from the end of a long road trip. We had been driving for 10+ hours and our girls were tired. I like to stay at non-chain hotels as they are typically less expensive and you get more personalized service. Yes, sometimes you get a real dump but usually not.

The Dunes is a little different in that all of the rooms are on the 2nd and 3rd floors and parking is on the ground level.

The owners checked us in and were incredibly nice and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. They are in need of some updating, especially to the AC unit as it was pretty noisy - but then I have had worse when staying in the chain hotels as well. One thing that made us worry right at first is that they still use actual keys - not the plastic cards.

The night was quiet and uneventful. The next morning we got coffee and a muffin which comprised their "breakfast". The owners were there and we talked to them about our trip, our family, etc.

Overall a great bargain for the $60 or so we paid for the night considering we just wanted to get to bed, get up and hit the road again. Oh - and Denny's is right next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Corning
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

If you are looking for a clean and comfortable hotel room, then you found it here. If you are looking for bells and whistles, keep looking. We booked a double room that adjoined to another double room (2 rooms, 4 beds, 5 guests). The beds were extra comfortable, the air conditioner worked well, the bathroom was large, and the rooms were quiet. We ate at Dennys and they gave us a discount because we stayed at the Dunes. Breakfast in the morning was limited to coffee, juice and a muffin. Two things that I did not like: Parking is underneath so rooms are on the second and third floor (stair climbing, no elevator), and the hallways reek of smoke smell (rooms were okay). Friendly owners too. All n all a good place to stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tigard, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was so disappointed in this motel. I asked for a ground floor room for my handicapped Mother. The inquiry was not answered and when we got there we found out that all rooms are on the second floor as parking was underneath. The room had hairs both long and very short all over the bathroom floor. I asked for housekeeping and was given another room instead. This room was slightly better but not by much. The motel staff was very kind.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!