“This place really sucks !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Shady Oaks Motel
2954 Old Highway 99 South, Roseburg, OR 97471-4434   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Roseburg B&B and Inns
Roseburg, Oregon
“This place really sucks !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The owners argue with you ... pretty much about anything and everything. The WiFi is extremely slow. It sucks! The rooms are not that clean at all. They have been doing some painting and grounds maintenance and leave the garbage laying around all over the property.

I would not recommend this place to any of my friends. I value my friends. I would not want to lose any by referring them to such a trashy looking motel. Way over priced for what they have to offer.

Room Tip: There are several more motels just up the road from Shady Oaks. I would strongly suggest that you ch...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Coos Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The rooms were vintage 70's decor but very large. Had oversize refrigerator plus microwave and 2 overstuffed chairs and coffee table. The tiled bathroom had vintage 70's fixtures (green toilet and sink, green shower enclosure) but it was all very clean and nice. The beds were okay (split decision on how comfortable they were). TV reception and channel selection very good.
The owners were friendly and helpful, and are making improvements to moderize their classic motel. No electronic door knobs, just old fashioned keys. Some truckung noise from the highway at night and the freight trains in the early morning, but we ded to be up and about early anyway. Overall, this was a decent place to hang your hat for a day or a week.

Room Tip: All rooms face the highway and railroad tracks. Older section of motel is getting the most recent up...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Headed north on I-5 this is the South Roseburg exit, maybe a mile up a two lane fast road. First lodging I saw, on the right. Looked like an old motel but advertised AAA approved so I decided to stop and never regretted that choice. Found the managers / owners (?) to be very helpful. The room had few electrical plugs and a couple appliances weren't plugged in or working initially. But the manager came immediately to provide extension cord/outlet expander and got everything up and running in minutes. The fridge had no handles but worked well-- except no door on the freezing compartment meant everything was a bit frozen. Multiple cable TV channels. Microwave. The room/bathroom old as mentioned but VERY clean so perfectly comfortable. WiFi worked fine. I had everything I needed and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here about 2 months ago during our trip to Portland Oregon. The rooms were super big and totally clean. I typically do not like to go to motels, however, this place was right off the freeway and we were pretty tired. I am glad we chose to stay here. I am always concerned regarding cleanliness and customer service, and I am happy to report that Shady Oaks Motel is not only very clean but they provided us with excellent customer service. I believe the managers (husband and wife or they maybe the owners) take pride in their work and try their best to provide a good experience for their customers. When we checked out, they gave us better directions than our GPS and saved us from driving a few extra miles. This was very small gesture, but it showed me that they genuinely care about their customers. Thank you Sam and Deevya. We will definetly stop by on our next trip to the North, or even stay there if we plan on visiting Crater Lake.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Encinitas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

While eating at a motel I was looking on the computer for a room for the night. Shady Oaks came up as a possibility. I turned to two local women who were at the next table to ask if they knew anything about it. They recommended it as a nice place with larger rooms, good for travel with kids. I booked it on the phone with the owner. Unlike Carrie60922's review, I found the owners to be helpful and efficient. The rooms are not overly decorated, but very spacious...nice linens, large pillows, fridge and microwave. The motel is set back from the street and we had a quiet nights sleep. In the morning I looked around by the office to say "thank you" and let them know we were leaving. Both the husband and wife came out and I let them know we enjoyed our stay. They were overly friendly and excitedly telling me about the improvements they have made and are working on to update. Price, quality, comfort and security were all excellent

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our family found this motel accidentally on our road-trip to Eugene Oregon late at night.
The manager was helpful and fast.
We enjoyed our night there very much.The room was cosy and the bathroom nice and clean.
If we ever pass through again we surely stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best thing you can do is stay away from this hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The front desk woman is extremely rude and unfriendly and anti-social. She hardly opens the door when you go to it to ask for something and acts like it is an inconvenience. I was lied to about the supposed internet service here. It was horrible and slow as molasses and takes forever to go from one screen to the other. They turned off the water in this hotel without even informing their guests to let them know what was going on with complete disregard and inconsideration for guests who have paid large amounts of money to stay here. There are stains on the carpet and trash all over the property. These people are complete con artists who try to put on a front for the public when you first come to rent a room to get as much money as possible out of you before you see the real truth about how bad it is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Shady Oaks Motel? Share your experiences!