“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shady Oaks Motel

Shady Oaks Motel
You added Shady Oaks Motel to your Saves list
Shady Oaks Motel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   2954 Old Highway 99 South, Roseburg, OR 97471-4434   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Roseburg B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here about 2 months ago during our trip to Portland Oregon. The rooms were super big and totally clean. I typically do not like to go to motels, however, this place was right off the freeway and we were pretty tired. I am glad we chose to stay here. I am always concerned regarding cleanliness and customer service, and I am happy to report that Shady Oaks Motel is not only very clean but they provided us with excellent customer service. I believe the managers (husband and wife or they maybe the owners) take pride in their work and try their best to provide a good experience for their customers. When we checked out, they gave us better directions than our GPS and saved us from driving a few extra miles. This was very small gesture, but it showed me that they genuinely care about their customers. Thank you Sam and Deevya. We will definetly stop by on our next trip to the North, or even stay there if we plan on visiting Crater Lake.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Encinitas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

While eating at a motel I was looking on the computer for a room for the night. Shady Oaks came up as a possibility. I turned to two local women who were at the next table to ask if they knew anything about it. They recommended it as a nice place with larger rooms, good for travel with kids. I booked it on the phone with the owner. Unlike Carrie60922's review, I found the owners to be helpful and efficient. The rooms are not overly decorated, but very spacious...nice linens, large pillows, fridge and microwave. The motel is set back from the street and we had a quiet nights sleep. In the morning I looked around by the office to say "thank you" and let them know we were leaving. Both the husband and wife came out and I let them know we enjoyed our stay. They were overly friendly and excitedly telling me about the improvements they have made and are working on to update. Price, quality, comfort and security were all excellent

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our family found this motel accidentally on our road-trip to Eugene Oregon late at night.
The manager was helpful and fast.
We enjoyed our night there very much.The room was cosy and the bathroom nice and clean.
If we ever pass through again we surely stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best thing you can do is stay away from this hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The front desk woman is extremely rude and unfriendly and anti-social. She hardly opens the door when you go to it to ask for something and acts like it is an inconvenience. I was lied to about the supposed internet service here. It was horrible and slow as molasses and takes forever to go from one screen to the other. They turned off the water in this hotel without even informing their guests to let them know what was going on with complete disregard and inconsideration for guests who have paid large amounts of money to stay here. There are stains on the carpet and trash all over the property. These people are complete con artists who try to put on a front for the public when you first come to rent a room to get as much money as possible out of you before you see the real truth about how bad it is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been traveling between Washington and California twice or three times a year with my family. I just incidently found this motel on my GPS and thought I should give this Motel a chance. I have been a permanent customer since my first visit couple of years ago.
Sam and Divya always treat us like their own family. They are fantastic people and very professional. They always make our trip very pleasant. They are honest and very courteous.
As far as Motel goes, its a pleasant surprise. Not even once we found our rooms dirty. Rooms are spotless and cleaned. Their is a Safari Zoo which is 2-3 miles away from the Motel and we really enjoyed the Safari for very low discounted tickets.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were visiting our family in Roseburg and decided to stay at Shady Oaks motel. We typically stay with our family, but they are having some home renovations and it would be impossible to cram all of us in the house.
We are glad that we picked Shady Oaks motel. This place is super clean and the managers went above and beyond to be helpful. It didn't seem like we just checked in to a motel. They treated us as if we were at a Hilton. The customer service was impeccable. Our kids loved the free space there was in the front too. This place is right off of the freeway (but still calm enough to drain out the outside noise) and easy to get into town as well.

Room Tip: The room on the right corner gets more sun...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The owners who also manage were so nosy and would hound us over weird stuff. I felt like I got no relaxation at all here. They lied about price from what they told us. The pictures on this place is wrong! This is nasty place.....the bathroom was dirty and moldy!!! The female owner/manager was really a harassment from hell. The rooms don't look like the photos that they advertise. RENTER BEWARE!!!!

Room Tip: Never rent a room from here. The room with any sun would be the empty ones.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseburg
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
BEST WESTERN Garden Villa Inn
Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Sutherlin / Roseburg
Howard Johnson Express Inn- Roseburg

Been to Shady Oaks Motel? Share your experiences!