“Bad news hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Roseburg B&B and Inns
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Bad news hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best thing you can do is stay away from this hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The front desk woman is extremely rude and unfriendly and anti-social. She hardly opens the door when you go to it to ask for something and acts like it is an inconvenience. I was lied to about the supposed internet service here. It was horrible and slow as molasses and takes forever to go from one screen to the other. They turned off the water in this hotel without even informing their guests to let them know what was going on with complete disregard and inconsideration for guests who have paid large amounts of money to stay here. There are stains on the carpet and trash all over the property. These people are complete con artists who try to put on a front for the public when you first come to rent a room to get as much money as possible out of you before you see the real truth about how bad it is.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been traveling between Washington and California twice or three times a year with my family. I just incidently found this motel on my GPS and thought I should give this Motel a chance. I have been a permanent customer since my first visit couple of years ago.
Sam and Divya always treat us like their own family. They are fantastic people and very professional. They always make our trip very pleasant. They are honest and very courteous.
As far as Motel goes, its a pleasant surprise. Not even once we found our rooms dirty. Rooms are spotless and cleaned. Their is a Safari Zoo which is 2-3 miles away from the Motel and we really enjoyed the Safari for very low discounted tickets.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were visiting our family in Roseburg and decided to stay at Shady Oaks motel. We typically stay with our family, but they are having some home renovations and it would be impossible to cram all of us in the house.
We are glad that we picked Shady Oaks motel. This place is super clean and the managers went above and beyond to be helpful. It didn't seem like we just checked in to a motel. They treated us as if we were at a Hilton. The customer service was impeccable. Our kids loved the free space there was in the front too. This place is right off of the freeway (but still calm enough to drain out the outside noise) and easy to get into town as well.

Room Tip: The room on the right corner gets more sun...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The owners who also manage were so nosy and would hound us over weird stuff. I felt like I got no relaxation at all here. They lied about price from what they told us. The pictures on this place is wrong! This is nasty place.....the bathroom was dirty and moldy!!! The female owner/manager was really a harassment from hell. The rooms don't look like the photos that they advertise. RENTER BEWARE!!!!

Room Tip: Never rent a room from here. The room with any sun would be the empty ones.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Glide, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

they were very clean well kept ,was only place in town that would us keep our cat,s since we were in the middle of waiting for our house to finish closing,again nice quiet ,comfortable too ,thank,s again for your service

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
communitythestore, Guest Relations Manager at Shady Oaks Motel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again when you're over this way. Scott
romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Isolated on a hill 1 mile away from the I-5, and with an exterior appearance of a ruin, this motels may be a pleasant surprise once you discover the big rooms, that are clean and in reasonable condition. Nothing to do here except to spend the night!

Room Tip: No difference between rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Way back to Washington froM California, I have trusted my GPS to find me a last minute hotel at 12:30 AM and I was very happy for the pick because when I arrived at the motel, I and my family was greeted like I was at 5 star Hotel. Room was very clean and big, Carpet was spotless. It has all the amanities you need on a road trip. Owner asked us that how can he make our stay pleasant and comfortable? He was a gentleman. He came to see us off and offered us fresh blueberries for free before we left. It is pretty much better then any two star motel or hotel. It is located in a quiet neibourhood and only two miles away from a major intersection and a few miles away from Safari. I highly recommend this motel. I paid lest then $60 for my stay and motel owner didn't charge for third adult. I am a cleaning freak and I felt so comfortable that Iet my 3 years old crawl all over.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Shady Oaks Motel? Share your experiences!