“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Roseburg B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were visiting our family in Roseburg and decided to stay at Shady Oaks motel. We typically stay with our family, but they are having some home renovations and it would be impossible to cram all of us in the house.
We are glad that we picked Shady Oaks motel. This place is super clean and the managers went above and beyond to be helpful. It didn't seem like we just checked in to a motel. They treated us as if we were at a Hilton. The customer service was impeccable. Our kids loved the free space there was in the front too. This place is right off of the freeway (but still calm enough to drain out the outside noise) and easy to get into town as well.

Room Tip: The room on the right corner gets more sun...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Eugene, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The owners who also manage were so nosy and would hound us over weird stuff. I felt like I got no relaxation at all here. They lied about price from what they told us. The pictures on this place is wrong! This is nasty place.....the bathroom was dirty and moldy!!! The female owner/manager was really a harassment from hell. The rooms don't look like the photos that they advertise. RENTER BEWARE!!!!

Room Tip: Never rent a room from here. The room with any sun would be the empty ones.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Glide, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

they were very clean well kept ,was only place in town that would us keep our cat,s since we were in the middle of waiting for our house to finish closing,again nice quiet ,comfortable too ,thank,s again for your service

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
communitythestore, Guest Relations Manager at Shady Oaks Motel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again when you're over this way. Scott
romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Isolated on a hill 1 mile away from the I-5, and with an exterior appearance of a ruin, this motels may be a pleasant surprise once you discover the big rooms, that are clean and in reasonable condition. Nothing to do here except to spend the night!

Room Tip: No difference between rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Way back to Washington froM California, I have trusted my GPS to find me a last minute hotel at 12:30 AM and I was very happy for the pick because when I arrived at the motel, I and my family was greeted like I was at 5 star Hotel. Room was very clean and big, Carpet was spotless. It has all the amanities you need on a road trip. Owner asked us that how can he make our stay pleasant and comfortable? He was a gentleman. He came to see us off and offered us fresh blueberries for free before we left. It is pretty much better then any two star motel or hotel. It is located in a quiet neibourhood and only two miles away from a major intersection and a few miles away from Safari. I highly recommend this motel. I paid lest then $60 for my stay and motel owner didn't charge for third adult. I am a cleaning freak and I felt so comfortable that Iet my 3 years old crawl all over.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

This hotel has the most comfortable beds! I love to stay for this reason. My room was equipped with a microwave, refrigerator and free internet! I also got room service!

Rooms are nice and bed was extremely comfortable. Sam and Divya really runs a amazing nice homely motel. They even served me with hot tea and breakfast in the morning and provided free water bottles throughout my stay. My food was delicious!

I would love to stay here again when I'm passing town of Roseberg in Oregon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Small motel just south of town. Very quiet. The owner was very friendly and interested in making sure we got a nice dinner and knew how to get going the next day. He took the time to show us on a map the best spots to eat for what we were interested in, and he told us when we left the next morning about the onramp that was closed and where to get on the highway. Really nice guy.

Room was large. Carpet a little older, but a great place to stay if you like private, quiet, non-chain motels. There was a frig, microwave and little tea water heating pot in the room. The shower stall was old-fashioned, tile and cute. The room was quite large.

The motel looks really out of the way, but it was a pretty quick jaunt back to town for dinner.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Shady Oaks Motel? Share your experiences!