“Best Barbecue in Roseburg!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 118 Restaurants in Roseburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Roseburg, Oregon
“Best Barbecue in Roseburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We always eat at Charley's. This is the best barbecue in Roseburg, hands-down. The tri-tip is awesome and we love the large selection of sauces that are available. There was a change of ownership that didn't affect the food quality at all. Another reviewer mentioned no longer getting hush puppies with their meal. We've been eating here for 3 years and never got hush puppies so not sure what they are referring to.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glide, Oregon
“Good barbecue. Enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had the pulled pork sandwich. Very good, lots of tender, moist pork.

Took home a full rack of baby back ribs. Also very good.

Nice people. Clean and well maintained place. Just off the freeway. Will be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Oregon
“bbq”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

had the chicken thought it was okay, expensive, had a snack to see if I wanted dinner there, didnt have dinner there. it was a smoked chicken maybe the other stuff was good but the chicken skin had flavor and that was it.a chicken was 15 bucks so no thanks

Visited October 2013
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
“Getting worse with time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have been going to Charley's for 9 years. We have always loved their food, until now. The last 2 times we have been there, the food was not up to par. This last time, we learned you no longer get hush puppies with your meal and they have cut the sides back to just a few. I wanted my usual, the half chicken. They didn't have any, even though we were there fairly early in the evening on a Monday. This was also the case the last time we were there and I was given pulled chicken, without even asking me. My husband had the brisket which was tough. He was initially was given only one side and when we pointed out that he should have gotten 2 sides, we were told no and then the server was corrected and they brought him a second side. We loved this restaurant for so many years. This is too sad.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, Oregon
“Not the same as it used to be...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I used to really enjoy Charley's. The last couple of times we have been there...Not so much!

I always get the chicken, so that is what my review is based on. Last time it was not cooked completely. Had to microwave it and let's just say the dog enjoyed it more than I did. I called and Chris offered a free dinner the next time I came in, but I didn't take him up on it. (Undercooked chicken kind of does that to me.)

Decided to try it again today...chicken was cooked, but was absolutely tasteless. My sweet potato tots came in a Styrofoam container with a lid on it. Needless to say my tots were mushy. Making the $3+ that I paid for them a little ridiculous!

Sorry, but I probably won't go back.

Visited September 2013