“Terrible!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Inn Express

Save Saved
You added FairBridge Inn Express to your Saves list
FairBridge Inn Express
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1539 NW Mullholland Dr., Roseburg, OR 97470 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Roseburg
“Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2006

I went to this hotel on business and was very disappointed. When I initially entered the hotel the carpet was stained and had garbage scattered in various locations. The hotel did not smell good. The front dest staff was very rude. Several lights did not work in the room, including the large vanity light, and these were not repaired for the entire duration (three days) I was there. The furniture in the room was dusty, broken and in desparate need of some attention. The shower stream was thin and lacked much force.

When I discussed the traffic noise from my room the front dest assistant stated, "You can't hear traffic noise unless your window is open." I was treated as if I was lying to her. The hotel attempted to accomodate me with another room which was not any better than the one I was initially in. Based on the attitude of the staff and the smell and condition of the hotel, I would highly recommend travelers search for other accomodations. I will never return to this hotel. It was a very poor experience.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2006

This is worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I've been to some serious dives in Mexico and Europe. The staff was rude and unhelpful. The rooms were dirty and loud. And, best of all, the SHEETS HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED in my room since the previous guest. When I asked the manager about this she became quite defensive and unprofessional. Avoid this place and sleep in your car.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

I recommend this property to NOBODY...we'd been on the road for 10 hours and due to weather couldnt make it to our intended stop and were exausted. The Holiday Inn (which looked quite nice) said this was the only place in the area with a heated indoor pool(important to our kids of 4&7 yrs) and available rooms left...so off we went. We hoped to grab something to eat...throw the kids in the pool for a bit hit the hay...and then maybe give them another swim in the morning before continuing our journey.

Our experience:

*Front desk staff was very pleasant at all times.

*First impression of the room was not filthy...but dingy...maybe because it appears to be an older property...more likely because their housekeepers are cutting WAY too many corners...maybe a bit of both.

*Freezing Pool...not chilly...downright cold pool...my kids couldnt even stay in...which says ALOT to me.

*Hot Tub full of foam (3-4 inches everywhere)...left funky film on you when you got out...immediately went and took a shower*

Shower head was literally about 5'5"...making trying to shower difficult for anyone who's taller.

*sink drain plug didnt work.

*I know blankets arent changed with every guest (I used to manage a hsk dept)...but these were nasty.

*Sheets on one bed hadnt been changed since the last occupant (hairs, dirt, etc between the sheets). The other bed was fine and our kids slept in it. We didnt discover this until we were literally getting ready to crawl into bed...so slept on top of the coverlet because we were too tired to deal. Needless to say we both had psychological itchies for 2 or 3 days. The MOST scary part about this was that they morning clerk that I mentioned this to said that it'd been happening alot lately...which is why I called corporate...if it's just me...well...maybe it's a fluke. If it's happening alot then management's not fixing it and something needs to be done.

*Carpet felt fine with dry feet...but when damp from the shower was tacky to walk across...not sure what would cause this...but it wasnt pleasant.

Was there anything that was redeeming about it?

Well...if you can get through the night...they offered a decent little continental bfast with frozen waffles, mini-muffins, donuts, bagels,some apples/bananas, cereal, coffee and juice.

Somehow...I would have rather had to pay for my breakfast.

When contacted...corporate said the hotel's management would contact me within the week. They did and the on-site management said

*We should have said something about the bed (know that...but was seriously close to comatose from exaustion).
*They also said the pool was heated to the maximum allowable temp for Oregon (we've stayed at a ton of places before and not had water even close to this cold...so everyone else must be breaking the law).
*They also said the hot tub was defoamed regularly...looked the same to me both times I saw it...so dont know what happened here.
*They didnt address anything else.
*They offered a 10% discount for a future stay...wont happen...not even if they offered it for free...so threw it out.

Wouldnt have written this at all if I thought the manager was suitably upset and going to make changes...but I didnt get that impression...so here's my review.

Stayed March 2006
benicia,calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2005

We just came back from spending the night on wednesday night, and if i ever wanted a place to stay this is it. Mark the mgr was great guy, and knew how to treat the guests, sonia was also very helpful the place is SPOTLESS outside and the rooms too, mark you could tell made sure of that. The place is also very quiet, and sheets are not typical motel sheets, they were just like the ones you sleep on at home, You must stay here if your ever in Roseberg, Oregon don't miss out on a great place to stay, and excellent staff that run this place, the owners should be lucky to have people like this,

• Stayed September 2005

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!