“Filthy Room and Rude Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Inn Express

Save Saved
You added FairBridge Inn Express to your Saves list
FairBridge Inn Express
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1539 NW Mullholland Dr., Roseburg, OR 97470 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Roseburg
Oregon
“Filthy Room and Rude Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

My family made the huge mistake of staying here one night. The room was filthy and the desk clerk the next morning was extremely rude. She would not even discuss the condition of the room and listened in on a private conversation I was having with my husband and then made remarks loud enough for us to hear them.
Since I was getting no where with the clerk I called Corporate. I think sometimes they dont realize whats going on under their name. A few of the things I let them know about, including the rude service, was:
Hole in TV, remote didnt work, dirty floor, marks on wall, bathtub mat was filthy, sink didnt drain, ripped and stained bedspreads, dirty carpet, heat lamp in bathroom didnt work.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The rude clerk
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

After staying at Super 8 motels for several years, we have begun to try Choice Hotels because the rooms are usually larger & cleaner, and the beds more comfortalble. One thing we always liked about Super 8's was the small amount of noise that would transfer between walls from adjacent rooms. Also Super 8's, (which are often located in close proximity to an interstate highway) generally did not allow excessive noise transfer into the rooms through the outside windows and walls.
However, this Roseburg Comfort Inn was terrible in this regard. Nearly everything that was said or done in the room next door we could hear through the wall, and the amount of noise that was heard through the window and outside wall was enough that it prevented us from getting to sleep at night and awakened us early the next morning.
As far as cleanliness and comfort of the room, we had no complaints. I've stayed at some "cut-rate" motels, that I expected noise transfer between rooms, but I would think a motel with the Choice name would have been built to much higher standards than was the case with this one.
If you want a good night's sleep without any annoyances from the "neighbors" next door and outside, I would choose a different one than this motel,

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Excessive noise transfer
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ComfortInn76, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, November 11, 2008
Dear Traveler,

To respond to your comment, Super 8 motels are built just like any other motel or Hotel. I am very sorry you feel once again your stay here was not to your satisfaction and again I state that if you had ever returned that we would accomadate you in a room that was to your satisfaction. As was stated in our response to your comment at Choice Hotels. But from the sounds of your comment is that you prefer to stay at Super 8 motels and so on that point if you need me to, I would be more than happy to take care of that reservation for you. Again I apologize that your stay wasn't to your satisfaction and I hope that you will be more comfortable at Super 8 because my job is to make sure you are comfortable.

Thank you and have a Great Day!
West Linn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

I reserved rooms at this hotel for our soccer team. We had a Saturday game in Astoria and then drove to Roseburg for a Sunday game. When we arrived Sonia was there to great us and as I had experienced throughout the reservation process was very gracious and helpful.

All 12 rooms were ready and soccer players, parents, and coaches were happy with the accomodations. The rooms were clean and very comfortable.

On the advice of the staff we took the team to a local restaurant, The Wagon Wheel where the hotel had an arrangement for a 10% discount, and we were again well treated.

The staff at the Comfort Inn went the extra mile to make our stay pleasant and relaxing.

Thank you Sonia, Donna, and crew.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Small breakfast area
  • Stayed November 2008
mjftraveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

Comfort Inn in Roseburg is a great hotel if you are planning on staying inn Roseburg to enjoy the wineries during the day. The rooms were nice for a comfort inn. The bed was very comfortable, front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and they had a continental breakfast in the morning. Also if you get back from the wineries and are feeling a little tipsy there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. For the price definitely a good deal.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

After price researching and reading all the reviews of the hotels in Roseburg, we are so glad we chose this one. We got there Thursday afternoon and left Sat. morning. The staff was friendly and had a sense of humor. The lobby was clean and offered coffee 24 hours. Once in room, I went back to the staff and stated sadly that there was a smell that was difficult to ignore. The gentleman immediately looked up another room without hesitation and took me up to it. It was right next door and a night and day difference in smell. He checked our previous room and said, "Oh my goodness. Smells like someone snuck a pet in here!" He was quite sorry. Our new room was very nice, clean ego friendly sheets and nice AC and smelled fine. My son never had any issues with his very sensitive skin. He did not get any rash from sheets being washed in cheap detergent. He did not even get a rash from the hot tub or pool. Those were very clean. You could smell the chlorine but it was not too strong as to cause anyone to get a rash. The hotel was quiet and the breakfast area quite small as other reviews stated, but no one seemed to mind the people trickling over next door and eating in the conference room. Just getting around people to get your food and putting your dishes away aferward made bumping into people unavoidable with the small quarters there. None of the customers were unhappy about that. They just dealt with it in a friendly manner. Hard boiled eggs were there chilled, o.j., milk, apple juice, coffee, tea, cocoa, donuts, all kinds of bread and eng. muffins for toast, belgian waffle maker, cereal and milk. Oatmeal even. For the price in comparison to other hotels, we would definately stay here again. My kids really enjoyed the pool and the hours for the pool, breakfast room and weight room were very reasonable. Loved it!

• Liked — cleanliness/quiet
  • Disliked — Hard to get around other people in the small breakfast area to get your food and put away dishes.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ComfortInn76, PROPERTY MANAGER at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, August 22, 2008
Thank you for sending us your compliment. To show our gratitude please bring this letter in on your next trip to Roseburg and I personnaly will give you a 20% off on your next stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed our hotel.

Edmond, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We had arrived at the hotel around 11:30 AM and the manager, Donna was very helpful in getting our room ready right away. She kept us laughing while we waited the 15 minutes for our room. We had a wedding to go to and didn't get back until after midnight and the gentleman that was working, Jason, was just as polite and courteous as the manager. He talked to us for nearly 1/2 and hour about the local attractions. He helped us decide to go to Crater Lake when we checked out the following morning and we want to say thank you. The housekeeper who was taking care of our room, Jenny, did a wonderful job. Our trip was very memorable because of them and we want everyone to know it. Thank You Comfort Inn!

• Liked — How wonderful the staff and room was.
  • Disliked — I didn't have more time to spend there
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

I had to be in Roseburg on business for a few days and ended up staying here at the Comfort Inn. As previous reviews had mentioned the evening desk clerk was very friendly and the check in process went well.

The room is a bit dated, the sink had a crack in it and the faucet kept coming apart, but it was manageable. The breakfast was good.

As luck would have it, I finished up my business a day early so instead of staying four nights, I only needed to stay three. My wife went to check us out a day early (well before the checkout time) and was told we needed to give 24 hours notice of early departure. This was new to me and I did not see anything in my reservation that made mention of it so I called my travel agent to verify. I should also mention the manager was extremely rude during this process and could only repeat the words 24 hour notice over and over again.

MY travel agency called the the hotel and spoke to the manager and let me know they agreed to not charge us for the early check out and my wife went back and checked us out. Well, when I checked my cc statement a few days later, I was billed for both the 3 days we stayed and the extra night (two different charges).

I figured maybe it was on oversight on their part so I called Choice hotels and let them know, well now the Hotel management is arguing with Choice and talking about the early checkout policy again. The reality is, even is this policy exists, they agreed to not charge me for the last night, then went ahead and did it. I can make no other conclusion except that I was lied to, so I give you fair warning, do not stay at this hotel (or the other choice properties in Roseburg) as the management cannot be trusted.

As for the very pleasant evening desk person, I recommend you find a new hotel to work at where you efforts would be backed up with more than unfriendly and dishonest management.

• Liked — Evening Front Desk attendant
  • Disliked — The Management
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ComfortInn76, propert management at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, August 22, 2008
I understand things arrise during a road trip but when they made there reservations with there travel agent they should of informed there guest that there may be a charge for early check outs. upon arrival they signed a registration card stating that there is a charge for a early check out. I was told by my superior that I had to charge for this because policy is policy. I am so sorry that they had a miss understanding in what I said but it was out of my hands.

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!