“Great Value and Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Inn Express

Save Saved
You added FairBridge Inn Express to your Saves list
FairBridge Inn Express
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1539 NW Mullholland Dr., Roseburg, OR 97470 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Roseburg
Arcadia, California
“Great Value and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We booked our room through Hotwire and felt some trepidation after reading reviews by other guests. Our concerns were totally unjustified. Check-in was handled in a friendly and efficient way, and our room was everything one could expect from a property in this price range. The room was very clean and well appointed and featured a roll-in shower suitable for wheelchair users. The complimentary breakfast was comparable to that provided in the better-quality chains. This is not a new facility, but it is clear that emphasis has been placed on upgrading the rooms; new paint elsewhere will doubtless follow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PiousDesperado, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We value the feedback of our guests, and I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. I do hope you'll make a reservation at the FairBridge Inn Express next time you are in Roseburg. Thanks again for your honest feedback.

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here a couple of days ago while traveling on the 5 on my way to Seattle. The room was clean and the staff was nice. It was easy in and out. The breakfast was good, there a lot of places to eat around the hotel. For a roadside inn it was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FairBridgeInnExpress, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank You biztraveler2113 for you honest review of the Fairbridge Inn Express in Roseburg. We are glad your stay was a pleasant one. We are doing our best to give every guest the same satisfaction during their stay. We hope you come visit Roseburg and stay with us again!
Roseburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Reserved room for an associate, had to take business check in to prepay overpriced room (didn't know that then). They arrived, no reservation...but they had the check! Per the guest, room was beyond filthy, tub wouldn't drain and when they went back for their clothes after arranging for check out their clothes were in a heap on the floor. Never, never, never never stay here!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FairBridgeInnExpress, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear hdrpep,

Thank You for your review on our hotel. We always appreciate our guests concerns. We do not have any information under the name of Rick Hahn on our system. Could you please send your full information of your employee who stayed at the Fairbridge Inn? We do not have a policy of prepaid checks. We only send invoices to direct billing and then the corporations send us the check. I am confused at your issue. Could you please send us more information regarding this incident?

Also our room rate is not $89 dollars. If you were charged $89 dollars we will reimburse some money please contact the hotel number.

Folsom, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent two nights. The first night they didn't make the bed (or change the sheets), dump the trash or vacuum. Seemed that "fresh" dingy frayed towels equaled cleaning the room. So many better choices in town....

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. No elevators either.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear WandererandReader,

Thank you for your review regarding our hotel. We apologize that your room was cleaned as a stay over. This should have been completed. This is no excuse and we will make sure it is cleaned next time. We will make sure your next stay with us is a better one.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

1) Customer service: 2 stars. Front desk staff did not want to honor my reservation for a 2 Queen with 2 Baths room at a lower rate than what she was showing on her computer screen.
I booked my reservation three months in advance and got a better rate by doing so. The person at the front desk could not figure out how I was able to receive the reservation for $34 less than the current rate displayed on her computer, and she was very hesitant to give me my room at that rate, even though I showed her my emailed confirmation showing my confirmed reservation. When I explained that I booked my reservation way in advance in April, she finally realized that the rates were probably lower at that time, so she gave us our room.
But she had already spent at least 15 minutes of my time asking me numerous questions about what type of room I booked, how I received that rate, where I booked it at, etc. and was never apologetic about the confusion.

2) Hotel cleanliness and amenities: 0 stars. Housekeeping had obviously skipped cleaning at least parts of the room, if not all of it.
One of our bathrooms had a used bar of soap, used bottle of shampoo, and someone else's razor in the shower/tub!! Housekeeping obviously did not clean this bathroom. The tub drain was broken and did not drain. The previous guest had shoved a bottle of conditioner under the drain stopper to prop it open. We ended up unscrewing and removing the drain stopper entirely so that we could use the shower. There was a towel missing from each towel bar in both bathrooms. Since housekeeping obviously missed cleaning the bathroom areas, it was no surprise to find that we were short on some hotel amenities such as a fresh bar of soap. Additionally, twice I found some sort of stain (looked like purple/black ink stains) on the towels. They should really replace some of their towels.

3) Beds: 1 star. Bed linen sheets did not seem clean.
Under the covers, we found a couple of small bark chips and pebbles, as well as a chipped piece of plastic. This made me think the linen sheets may not have been changed either. The bedspread had visible old stains and did not look remotely clean. I did not want to touch the bedspread at all. I would much rather have NO bedspread of any sort than this stained, dirty bedspread that looks like they have not laundered in at least a few weeks.
After we informed the staff of this and requested for the linen sheets to be changed, they did apologize and change all of the bed sheets. However, the new sheets they put on had a few small spots of blood stains on it. They should really replace these, because no guest would return to a hotel that had stained and/or dirty bed sheets. Cleanliness is probably the number ONE priority and consideration for guests when choosing a hotel to stay at.

4) Carpet: 0 stars. The carpet looked so old and dirty. I kept my flip flops on the whole time, because it appeared like the last time it was shampooed and cleaned was a few months ago.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear renaz89,

Thank you for your review regarding our hotel.

1.) The management is working on managing room inventory and rates. At the time they did not understand how that worked. Thus, you were able to receive a low rate for a high rate room. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. We just changed brands recently and are working from scratch.

2.) We are sorry for not having your room cleaned. The housekeeper must have missed your room or it wasn't checked before they left. Our rooms are clean and we do our best to check them for odor, presentation and cleanliness. Our other rooms are not like this. This is no excuse and we will make sure the housekeeper responsible is disciplined for this kind of work ethic.

3.) We are very sorry the beds linen were not cleaned properly. Those sheets will be tossed out and we will replace them with brand new ones for next time. Thank you for letting us know. You are correct cleanliness is priority in the hospitality industry.

4.) We are deep cleaning the carpets every month now. We know the carpets are outdated and they need to be replaced. We will be replacing the carpets as soon as we can. You are not the first person to bring up this issue. The carpet cleaning and replacement is our top priority at this moment.

We hope you will visit us again when the hotel improves in the future.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went to check in and was rudely asked to wait until after they checked in a large group when there was two people behind the desk, fine. They proceeded to tell me my reservation was received, but they did not have a room for me because they were booked until April of next year, fine. They then told me that they called Expedia three days earlier (I booked with Orbitz) and an associate told them they would take care of it. Fine, I probably would have left it there too since it isn't my problem anymore. I told them I booked with Orbitz and the person I assume to be the manager told me Expedia and Orbitz are the same company. I called Expedia, they are not.

I asked myself at this point, "I made my reservation 6 weeks earlier. If you know far enough ahead of time that you're booked until April of next year, why did it take you until three days ago to call and sort this out with a travel agency? Why didn't you call me yourself to tell me you're actually overbooked since you assured me the travel agency did the same thing to three other people? Wasn't the lesson learned?" They proceeded to help another customer who jumped in to ask about his room and paid us no attention. They gave me a number to call to sort things out and when I asked if there was a bathroom I could use after a long drive before I head out to call and get myself another place to stay, I was told "Hang on a second, I don't know if that's allowed." No effort was made to welcome us, no effort was made to apologize for our inconvenience, no effort was made to be nice, and no effort was made to recommend my mother and I another place to stay in an unfamiliar town. The feeling I got when I left was, "Here's a number you need to call, now get out so we can help other people."

My reservation was not cancelled from the Inn's end with my refund until an associate from Orbitz called them personally and asked for it. I'm still waiting to see if I actually received a full refund or any amount of money at all. The personnels seemed very scattered and were doing other things at the same time while helping each person that checked in before us. Many guests kept coming back to the front desk asking why their room key didn't work and why they couldn't get in from a specific door. I then heard directions given to the guests, not when they checked in. I've received help when I'm out of town for much less than this circumstance. I have received the friendliest service from places that asked for much less money. I have never been so unhappy with five minutes of service at a place before. A complaint has been filed with the travel agency so everyone shares equal responsibility.

The Inn looked very homey from the inside actually and the location was perfect for an out-of-towner to be near gas stations, grocery shopping chains, and small apparel stores. Another friend stayed here and recommended it for the low price, but mediocre service. I thought I'd take my chances to save a few bucks. I've read reviews before for places that were mediocre but I ended up really enjoying.

I should have listened.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ic_huynh,

Thank for your review and concern about our hotel. We apologize for the way the our service was provided. We been having miscommunications with third party websites and we trying to improve on that relationship. I would recommend calling the hotel directly to get lower rates. Online rates are higher due to commissions. Once again we are sorry your stay was not to your satisfaction. We will due our best next time to provide you the service you deserve.
Eureka, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Room and hallways were disgusting. Originally, we were assigned to a room that had not been cleaned. Then we were moved to a "cleaned room" that appeared to be clean at first.
When using a side entrance to unload the car, all that could be smelled was rotting feces that I believe was coming from an overflowing trash can directly between the vending machines. Based on the small amount of guests seen, the trash hadn't been emptied in days. Once the car was unpacked, we settled in.
I noticed the enormous collection of stains on the floors and curtains. The room was disgusting once you looked close enough to see the filth.
The continental breakfast was also a joke. It was being stocked by an obvious gang member based on his tattoos (yes, I knew the meaning of his tattoos from my job). Half the food tasted a bit off, the milk and hard-boiled eggs were warm, and the bread container had a fly trapped inside hanging out on the bagels.
When asked how our stay was, we were honest and then shocked at the employee's surprised look when we mentioned the issues with cleanliness

Room Tip: Any other hotel would probably be better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nick J,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. We know our hotel needs various improvements. We will take your advice and make sure the continental breakfast is prepared properly for our guests. There is no excuse for not having a fresh breakfast. The rooms are outdated and stains are in some rooms. We do deep clean our carpets every month. Most stains come right off and others may not. We are continuously trying to improve our guest stay the best we can. Hopefully, next time your stay in Roseburg will be to your satisfaction.

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!