1) Customer service: 2 stars. Front desk staff did not want to honor my reservation for a 2 Queen with 2 Baths room at a lower rate than what she was showing on her computer screen.
I booked my reservation three months in advance and got a better rate by doing so. The person at the front desk could not figure out how I was able to receive the reservation for $34 less than the current rate displayed on her computer, and she was very hesitant to give me my room at that rate, even though I showed her my emailed confirmation showing my confirmed reservation. When I explained that I booked my reservation way in advance in April, she finally realized that the rates were probably lower at that time, so she gave us our room.
But she had already spent at least 15 minutes of my time asking me numerous questions about what type of room I booked, how I received that rate, where I booked it at, etc. and was never apologetic about the confusion.
2) Hotel cleanliness and amenities: 0 stars. Housekeeping had obviously skipped cleaning at least parts of the room, if not all of it.
One of our bathrooms had a used bar of soap, used bottle of shampoo, and someone else's razor in the shower/tub!! Housekeeping obviously did not clean this bathroom. The tub drain was broken and did not drain. The previous guest had shoved a bottle of conditioner under the drain stopper to prop it open. We ended up unscrewing and removing the drain stopper entirely so that we could use the shower. There was a towel missing from each towel bar in both bathrooms. Since housekeeping obviously missed cleaning the bathroom areas, it was no surprise to find that we were short on some hotel amenities such as a fresh bar of soap. Additionally, twice I found some sort of stain (looked like purple/black ink stains) on the towels. They should really replace some of their towels.
3) Beds: 1 star. Bed linen sheets did not seem clean.
Under the covers, we found a couple of small bark chips and pebbles, as well as a chipped piece of plastic. This made me think the linen sheets may not have been changed either. The bedspread had visible old stains and did not look remotely clean. I did not want to touch the bedspread at all. I would much rather have NO bedspread of any sort than this stained, dirty bedspread that looks like they have not laundered in at least a few weeks.
After we informed the staff of this and requested for the linen sheets to be changed, they did apologize and change all of the bed sheets. However, the new sheets they put on had a few small spots of blood stains on it. They should really replace these, because no guest would return to a hotel that had stained and/or dirty bed sheets. Cleanliness is probably the number ONE priority and consideration for guests when choosing a hotel to stay at.
4) Carpet: 0 stars. The carpet looked so old and dirty. I kept my flip flops on the whole time, because it appeared like the last time it was shampooed and cleaned was a few months ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 miles away from Douglas County Fairgrounds and Speedway, this Oregon hotel features an indoor pool and hot tub. It serves a daily continental breakfast. All rooms include free Wi-Fi.A cable TV is offered in each air-conditioned guest room at Fairbridge Inn Express. For convenience, each room includes a microwave, a refrigerator, a work desk and ironing facilities.A 24-hour reception greets guests of Fairbridge Inn. Guests can work out in the 24-hour fitness center. A guest launderette and a business center are also available.Wildlife Safari is 11 miles away from this hotel. Myrtle Creek Golf Course is 20 minutes’ drive away. Crater Lake is 89 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your FairBridge Inn Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Roseburg
- Roseburg Comfort Inn