“Great hotel, good breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of FairBridge Inn Express

You added FairBridge Inn Express to your Saves list
FairBridge Inn Express
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1539 NW Mullholland Dr., Roseburg, OR 97470 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Olympic National Park, Washington
“Great hotel, good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a great hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was really wonderful with lots of variety and a large number of selections to choose from. The front desk staff were exceptionally cheerful and helpful. The area felt quite safe. I would definitely stay here again. It is nothing fancy, but we got placed here off a priceline bid and were thrilled with the value for what we paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
FairBridgeInnExpress, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you dabullar for your review. We are glad your stay in Roseburg Comfort Inn was pleasant and to your liking. We will always provide our guest with the best of service and experience. It is our duty and mission as hospitality professionals. In the future we would highly appreciate your stay with the new Fairbridge Inn Express as we are currently under new management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is a place to be avoided. Our room had dirty carpet with huge stains, ants crawling over the desk, thin sheets, and an overall dingy, depressing feel. A half-empty bottle of shampoo and used soap -- along with a gritty ring in the bathtub -- made us question whether or not the bathroom had been cleaned at all. Had we not booked through a third-party and were unable to leave, we would not have spent a single night there. How this hotel qualifies for a 2-star rating is beyond belief. We have stayed at many of the motels in Roseburg, and hands down, this is the absolute worst.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInn76, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I wanted to say thank you for your review of our property. I do apologize for the inconvenience while you stayed at out property. I would like to make sure that every avenue possible is covered to make this situation right with you. If you are able to contact the hotel so that we can try and make this situation right for you it would be greatly appreciated. We try to make sure that each and every guest is satisfied with their stay at our hotel. We do understand that our hotel is older and is in need of remodel. To be honest we are in the planning and ground-breaking stages of our remodel on this property. The entire property will be getting a major renovation to the interior of the property which will hopefully be a pleasant surprise to our guests. We have planned many changes within the hotel to suit the needs of each and every guest. Our renovation will hopefully begin by October and I am sure that the changes will be inviting to all. I would like to offer a remedy to this situation for you. It would be great if you could contact me at your earliest convenience to remedy this situation. I will send you a message through your Trip Advisor profile to arrange contact.

Thank you again for your comments and have a wonderful day

A. Gaskey
Manager
Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Dated place but clean. Small indoor pool. Rooms are not big. Breakfast items could be better but I don't expect much from "free" breakfasts that these types of hotels offer. Location is good near restaurants but not exactly walking distance due to fast moving merging traffic from nearby highway.

• Stayed August 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pros: We had a very easy check-in & check-out experience. Location was very convenient off the freeway & staff seemed knowledgeable about the area. Staf was extremely friendly. We had hot water & good water pressure in the bathroom. The linens seemed very clean. The air-con unit was not annoying like in some hotels.

Cons: Some of the popular items for breakfast foods ran out early, with no replacement. Room was supposed to have 2 Queen beds, but had a queen and a double. We also had to ask for enough bath towels for the 5 people we had reserved the room for (and we had to go get them from the desk), as well as the rollaway we had reserved. A bit frustrating.

It's a good thing I brought my lysol wipes, as the room was not clean. The counter tops were dirty around the edges, and the tub edge was just gross. The edges of the carpeting look like they have not been vaccuumed in a long time, and the shelf that the microwave was on had a thick layer of dust on it. The bedroom window was dirty on the inside. The pool water was cloudy. The parking lot was also dirty. If not for the dirt, I would have given this hotel a much better rating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This is first hotel I have ever had to clean my own bathroom upon check inn, hair in shower , my daughter was horrified, we showed the front desk and they bought up some simple green cleaner, would have preferred bleach, toilet was dirty. Hallway to room was dim , smells bad, other guest complaining about pool being dirty, as we were checking in. We had a 4 day reservation followed by a 7 day reservation on the following week , we have cut our stay from 11 days to 1, I would rather sleep in my car, disgusting place, needs inspected or fined, is there no franchise standard for Comfort Inn? I will be making plenty of calls, I feel I have been ripped off, the services provided for what we paid for are laughable, hope we can get a reservation somewhere else or we will stay in our car with our children, but it will be safer and cleaner than this place.

• Stayed July 2012
Newberg, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place is discus-sting and the staff was rude and always smoking outside the front door. the room smelled like a *^&% the screens are ripped off the windows. There was food left in the fridge from previous guest. You can hear people talking in the next room even snoring!!Doors look like they were pried open with a crow bar so you don't need a key so anyone can walk around inside the hotel.We moved across the street to another hotel that was excellent but cost the same.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
corvallis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We checked in after checking out a place down the way but their pool was out of use so we found Comfort Inn.We had upstairs room 217 my husband was so disgusted carpets were filthy, check in clerk was un professional smoking outside the front door and didnt appear professional looking in her garb.I went to pool there were people sitting around in there eating there McDonalds not a good thing,the place stunk like a cat box,the pool water was green and not heated at all just not a feel good clean place.Then in the room it needed up dated so badly and the walls were dirty and marred .There was a dog that barked next door and woke us up,,,,,,,not in motel but behind in yard. Breakfast hmmmmmmmm was afaird to eat anything the table we sat at was filthy need some deep cleaning food in the cracks of the table.I guess we should of known it was a bad unkept place when we drove in the parking lot but it was late we were tired,,,never again.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn looks good to us( next time) we just thought we might save a few dollars but not worth i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInn76, Manager at FairBridge Inn Express, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear guest,

I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. As managers we strive to make sure that our guests are 100% satisfied and we know that issues arise. We are also aware of the updates that the hotel currently needs and are currently working to incorporate those into our hotel plan asap. I want to assure you that I have taken serious your comments regarding your room and the pool. The pool and hottub were drained, refilled, and recalibrated yesterday. I have personally went up to the room that you stayed and looked at the issues that you discussed in your comment. The issues with this room have been resolved. I would like to offer you a free nights accomodation for the issues that you endured during your stay. Please contact me at the number on your receipt. I would appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue.

Aaron Gaskey

Been to FairBridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!