“Great place, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Roseburg
Bozeman
“Great place, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This lodging is very nice - on the river with all the rooms having a river view. BUT an ipod was stolen out of our room and despite many conversations with management about this issue, no one was interested in what had happened. Given the almost certainty that the ipod was stolen by the hotel staff, we were very disappointed in their lack of concern. They did not offer any compensation at all. If you're going to stay there, put your valuable away or take them with you when you leave the room!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear BeckyMBozeman,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, OR. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Holsworthy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

just passing through for one night and delighted to find ourselves up graded to a 4th floor excellent view of the river. All rooms have a river view but the higher the better.
Lovely clean room and friendly staff. highly recommended. Delighted with this chain and will continue to stay with them on our travels.

Room Tip: the higher floor the better but all have river view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

While on a trip down to San Jose, my girlfriend and I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Roseburg. We arrived late and found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. We were on the first floor with a view of the grounds and the river. The room was clean and quite sizable for us and our two cats plus our dog (we are moving to San Jose). The bed was a little hard, but better than an air mattress... We enjoyed the free hot breakfast in the morning and found some very nice people to chat with while eating. All in all, I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this property on 9/7/12. It is the oldest Holiday Inn Express property in which I have stayed. It is on a river with rooms that have a small deck or patio that look at the river which is nice. My room had pine or fir furniture that was in good shape but not as high end as I have been accustomed to at other Holiday Inn properties. The beds were comfortable and lots of pillows with pillow cases that were marked firm and soft; I couldn't tell any difference in the pillows. The room was smaller than other Holiday Inn Express rooms as well. It was 98 degrees that evening in Roseburg and the air conditioner was so loud that i could not hear the television when the air conditioner was on, which was often. Strange as it may seem, I did not complain because I knew that I could sleep through it, which I did. When I mentioned the air conditioner to the desk clerk, I got the impression that she did not care, because she made no apparent mental note and did not write anything down. I don't think I would stay at this specific property again.

Room Tip: Don't take room# 200
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Robb5,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room and the bed.

However, We’re sorry about the noisy air conditioner and the poor customer service provided by our front desk. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

It is a nice little town. The holiday inn is right across from the highschool. This is a perfect place if you can get the fourth floor and chill out and recoop from life. The pool is really small, like four bath tubs put together small. But the hot tub is really nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mountain Home, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were decent enough but front desk staff were unable to modify the nightly rate, so I got charged $144 instead of the $120 that I reserved online. If the manager adjusts the rate I'll update this review.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseburg, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear jhbrock911,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after walking out of a filthy Red Lion in Coos Bay. We called them from the road at 7:30pm, got the last room. Erica at the front desk was great, gave us advice for driving Hwy 42 (small,windy road) in the dark. The room was very comfortable, good bed, with a door that goes to the back 'yard' where the river runs ! Beautiful. Nice, simple hotel. Definately will stay again.

Stayed August 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseburg? Share your experiences!