“Above our budget, but worth every penny” 5 of 5 stars

Tradewinds Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   523 N. Pacific St, Rockaway Beach, OR 97136   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Sheffield, England
“Above our budget, but worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

We stopped here on the spur of the moment, because we wanted to stay on the beach at least one night on our trip, for $140ish we were treated to beachfront (Not beach view, On the beach front) location that was fantastic, Real fire (Altough we didnt need it) Full kitchen, large room. I could go on on and on about how great our stay was, but i wont, all i will say is - STAY THERE, I cant see how anywhere would be better for the price.

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

I rented the jacuzzi suite for 2 nights and had an excellent stay!!
the room was big with 2 rooms one room had a queen bed kitchen and a real dinning room table that sat 4 comfortabley and a couch that made into a bed tv ect the second room had a queen bed the jacuzzi and a tv
the rooms were clean
I took my daughter and her daughter my grandaughter loved the mirror over the bed in the jacuzzi room LOL such fun LOL
the patio was great with our own access to the back of the hotel and then stairs right there to access the beach their are picnic tables and warming stoves or bq It looked like they were being used for both righ at the bottom of the patio stairs leading to the rooms it was great!!!
the owners are very friendly and were a joy to talk to wonderful family!!!
I took these 2 pictures of twin rocks and the sunset from my patio
overall I would recommend this hotel to all travelers!!

• Liked — the patio/view
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2006

The tradewinds is a great place to stay.A real fireplace,ocean front rooms,great staff,and affordable.Don't miss the Pirates cove restaurant for dinner just out of Garibaldi . Miles and miles of uncrowded easy access beach.

• Stayed March 2006
Boise ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2006

This is a great family run motel. Its kept very clean, has your average motel decor, and the price is reasonable for ocean front. We had a queen bed, sofa, table/chairs, kitchenette, fireplace (presto-log provided)and a walk-out balcony for about $90 on a weekend night. The bathroom was huge and the water pressure was pretty decent. The TV was elevated which was good for bed level vision and there was a VHS, the cable channels were pretty limited but we weren't there to watch TV anyway.

I think that RB is having some erosion problems and the rocks were roped off at this property. If you were standing inside the room the hi-tide gave you the illusion of coming right up to our door step. It was really neat though and we just walked to the next door hotel for beach access. We walked to the Main Street area and restaurants from our hotel and it was a great location. Looks like RB is trying to refurbish some of the store fronts which is much needed. We had a great meal at Beach Pancake House and had some incredible pizza in our room from Upper Crust. Excellent food at both places. There isn't a whole lot of entertainment in R.B. but the beach is uncrowded and beautiful. We'll be back.

• Stayed March 2006
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

I have stayed in a lot of bed and breakfasts and luxury hotels - so I know great when I get it. This hotel is not quite luxury but for the cost, it was a great stay. The room was clean, the accomodations were cozy. I stayed in an oceanfront room, no kitchen, and had a great time! The weather was stormy - I mean really stormy - and we lost power. Within minutes, the lights all came back on. These people really care about their facility!

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2006

We stayed at the Tradewinds in Rockaway Beach Oregon, after hearing bad reviews about the motel we used to stay in. (New Owners). So I book this motel and what a treat..Fireplace, kitchen, oceanfront, very clean and comfortable.. Neal and Staff are great too!! I asked for a microwave and he brought it right over! They gave us a great value. We will return to the Tradewinds...

Been to Tradewinds Motel? Share your experiences!