“It was okay!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hillsboro, Oregon
“It was okay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got there at 8:30pm on a Saturday evening with 3 kids, and were told the kids had to be out by 9pm. Food took longer than we had hoped, so meals were rushed to eat by the kids. In general, Rockaway Beach does not seem very kid-friendly, which is very unfortunate.

Visited May 2013

Hillsboro, Oregon
“Dinner at the Hideaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Overall not a bad experience at all, but nothing exceptional about it either. Did not have to wait for a table, and it took an average amount of time for food to come.

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We tried the Lakeside while we were in town for spring break. I had the 6 oz sirloin, it was ok...... the fat around the edge tasted a little off. I usually don't eat the fat but didn't see it on that one piece. The side vegetables were cauliflower and carrots steamed, baked potato wrapped in foil and served with real butter and the dinner roll was good. Husband had individual pizza he said it was ok. I teenager had the bbq burger, of all the dinners ordered that was by far the best. Other teenager fettucini alfredo she said it tasted good at first but after a bit it was to rich. I think if we went back we would all have hamburgers but I'm in no hurry to to again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Redmond, Oregon
“Prime rib special with your choice of games”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stopped in because they offer a prime rib special on Friday and Saturday nights. For $18.95 you get a full meal including soup or salad. I opted to pay a little bit more and got the clam chowder instead of salad. Man am I ever glad I did their chowder was amazing it was a thicker type of chowder with TONS of clams in it with an excellent flavor. I eat alot of chowder and I have never had so many clams in one bowl before. The prime rib was a nice piece of meat and the baked potato was very sweet. The vegtables where a combo of frozen veggies but I didnt care since I was so full from the chowder, prime and potato. For you sports fans they had a lower portion of the restaurant for the "ducks" fans with the game on and the upper portion had the "beavers" game on and they gave you a choice as to where you wanted to sit. They have a full bar as well as beer and wine. There menu has a large variety from pizza, prime rib, nachos, burgers and multiple other choices. Everything that we saw come out of the kitchen looked good. Even though it was busy with all of the sports fans we received friendly effecient service. We will be back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“Great place for drinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Found this little place on our arrival to Rockaway Beach. Had excellent margaritas on the rocks. Interesting atmosphere. We shared a nacho, which was good but not great. Service was ok, even with one waitress who was also the bartender.

• Visited September 2012