“Trashy Motel 6, rude front desk lady! The room was okay” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Redmond
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2247 S Hwy 97, Hwy 97 & 126, Redmond, OR 97756   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Boise, Idaho
“Trashy Motel 6, rude front desk lady! The room was okay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I always travel from Boise to Portland and I stayed here for the first time.

Getting checked in took the front desk lady quite a while, she didn't seem to put in much effort to make my stay comfortable. I wish she was a little more friendly.

The rooms were okay, a little outdated and the only that freaked me out was a spider in my room!
I told the front desk lady and she completely ignored me.

My stay was not very pleasing.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Penn Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was traveling the last week of July during a heat wave..over 106 in Grants Pass.Headed for Redmond on a Friday,I decided to rent a room as I usually stay in my Truck Camper. My Rhodesian Ridgeback and I couldn't take anymore of the heat! So i called ahead and the front desk was very accomodating,including a good rate under $65. The rooms are simple,clean,quiet and comfortable with fridges. I found the grounds acceptable to walk my dog to relieve himself in a safe enviroment..i am a 64 yr. old lady.lol..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed two nights. Excellent Motel 6. As we were travelling with our pet we appreciated being given a room near two exits onto the back of the hotel. Our room at the back was very quiet. Comfortable king bed, fridge and micro. Rubber mat for bath tub. Good distribution of dogs throughout motel. Large area in front of motel to walk the dog. Very friendly staff. I would highly recommend this motel. There was a subway serving breakfast within a two minute walk from the motel. Bend is 20 minutes away and contains a number of excellent brew pubs which serve high quality meals and an excellent range of beers. In between there is a large mall outlet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Obviously, if you are staying at a Motel 6 you expect a good night's sleep and little more. I travel about 12000 miles a year solo by motorcycle so I stay at Motel 6 a lot all over the West. Most are fine, some have been scary. This one is the best I've seen. It is a hotel not a motel (i.e. can't drive up to your room). I was a little concerned at first because I like to park my motorcycle in front of my room door for security reasons. No problem, the staff was wonderful and made sure I had a secure, dry place to park my bike. Don't worry, this is not a "biker" place. I am not a "biker" and do not frequent such places. But for those of us who tour on motorcycle, the little things are most appreciated. The rooms are new, clean and quiet. The pool is terrific, but the grounds around the hotel are a bit sparse. Not much grass area for the pooch to use. If you need a budget hotel in the Bend, OR. area, do not bother with the Motel 6 down the road in Bend, this one is 1000 times better.

Room Tip: Pet friendly, but not much grass area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lebanon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The front desk employees were very nice and the room was clean. The grounds were a mess with dead bushes and weeds. They say this location is "pet friendly" this only pertains to ..." yes your animal can stay here for free." They don't consider if you have a dog, that dog will need a place to relieve themselves. The employees asked us to take them to the dirk lot next to the motel or next to the canal behind the motel. Both locations were full of broken glass, trash, and dog poop. This was a true health issue for any pet owner who wants to walk their dog.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BONANZA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having stayed at this facility many years ago, we wanted to spend the day at Smith Rock located at Terrabonne and at Lava Butte located south of Bend, so selected this motel for our stay.

Located just south of town and set back off Highway 97, there is no traffic noise. We also asked for a top floor room which was really quiet.

The staff were helpful and friendly. The beds were okay!

My only complaint was that in the morning, someone has tossed a soda down the front and passenger side of my brand new vehicle! I wasn't happy about that, but, it wasn't the motel's fault.

Would I stay here again! Yes!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Tom Bodett is right. We had a clean, comfortable room and much larger than expected for the price. We also had a fridge and microwave oven, which makes the "coffee only" at breakfast time not a problem.

The very loud AC was on when we arrived and set at about 65. I upped it to 70 and it went off with a bang. When we returned from dinner the room was comfortable and it was cool outside, so I turned it off and the room stayed comfortable all night. At that altitude it is cool every night, so the AC doesn't need to be a problem as far as sleeping goes... but it is the antithesis of "white noise" when running.

We'll stay here again when we're back this way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Redmond? Share your experiences!