“Go somewhere else” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Redmond B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Go somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is not a 'brand name' motel.

When we arrived at the motel it appeared old but kinda okay from the outside. The walkway to the second floor room showed a lot of aging infrastructure such as railings and the 'bridge' between buildings. When we opened the door to the room the smell was awful, a mixture of age and cheap air freshner. The furniture was of the type that even a goodwill store would refuse. The air conditioning unit had no front grill and the filter was absolutely filthy, black to dark grey in color; i've trashed truck air filters that looked better than this. When i touched the dial to turn on the air conditioner, the housing of the a/cir unit fell off in two large pieces exposing the a/c internals; that was sufficient for me to close the door to the room, return to my vehicle and to drive as far as was necessary to find other lodgings. Even though I'd pre-paid, I was willing to forfeit it as i was not going to stay in that room!! I've done a lot of travelling and this particular room ranks as one of the worst i've ever seen. At $49 per night I did not expect luxury, however, I did expect to find something tolerable.

If you go to this motel, please ask to see the room before accepting it.

Room Tip: 1. Don't pre-pay. 2. Ask to see the room before commiting yourself.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Carson City, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for an overnight business trip in Redmond, Oregon. I stayed here because the previous reviews said although it was old, it was clean and inexpensive. Well, it was old, in disrepair and not too clean. The staff was VERY nice and helpful.
The room was tiny and had very old furniture that hadn't been dusted in a while. The queen bed was just OK, the mattress was pretty firm, and the pillows were as flat as pancakes. The Staff was very nice and brought me an extra pillow that was also very flat. There was no hairdryer, no shampoo and two small bars of soap. The sheets were clean and smelled as if they had been bleached, as were the towels, but the refrigerator had leftover food and drinks in it from a previous guest and the floors in the bathroom were not clean. The tub looked clean, but the shower curtain had spots of mold on it and lots of chips in the tub. The shower pressure was pretty weak, but I was able to get the soap off me, so I guess it was adequate. The door was a metal door and I had to slam it to make it shut--and so did everyone else on my side of the building. I was awakened at midnight, and 2 AM and 5 AM by people slamming the doors. Argh.
There was no plug in the bathroom for my curling iron so I had to get down on the dusty and lint-y floor to pull the plug from the TV to plug in the curling iron. The heater is a metal baseboard heater and while the room stayed warm, it make clicky noises all night. I guess I am spoiled!
The wallpaper was very old and peeling. The walls and doors had lots of dings and scuff marks. It looked like someone didn't spend a lot of time cleaning the room.
It had a refrigerator that was cold and a microwave. There was no ice machine, although the Staff did get me some ice from their personal freezer.
I feel bad writing such a negative review, because the staff was very nice, but I would not stay here again. The cost for one night was $47.26. I guess if you are not too picky this would be OK for the price, but I actually used some of the towels to clean up the floor before I took a shower.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hubbard, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Freindly staff, old..... but clean. I would not stay here again but it's good for someone who is
just passing through. Beds were very comfortable. The restaraunt across the street has the best breakfast I've ever had. Giant homemade cinnamon rolls and wonderful nice thick bacon.

Room Tip: I would think that all rooms would be the same
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Clean, quiet and safe. Older building, nothing fancy or new but one of the highest value overnights I've stayed in for a while. Even in a better economy this will be on my list. I'll bring my own power strip (then again I do that at some more expensive hotels anyway), I'll plan time for a starbucks trip in the am and sleep like a baby knowing I've conserved some cash. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here through Hotwire blind pick. Hotwire stated it was two star motel but it should be rated at one star. The hotel is very old and needs renovation. Only thing that was nice is that it was clean and two restraunt located across the street.

• Stayed May 2012
KlamathFalls, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

When I'm on the road I only spend a few hours at a motel. I want one that is cheap, clean, comfortable and quiet.
This place met my purposes perfectly. It meets all my criteria.
Once on the main thoroughfare going through Redmond, the bypass has left this property and others in town without much traffic. Still, it's only a couple of blocks off the current thoroughfare, and well worth the detour.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Greenway Motel? Share your experiences!