“Very good service, great views, nice renovations to the room, wonderful walking and biking, could use better restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Eagle Crest

You added The Lodge at Eagle Crest to your Saves list
The Lodge at Eagle Crest
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1522 Cline Falls Road, Redmond, OR 97756 (Formerly Eagle Crest Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

First the very good: The service at this hotel was excellent. Front desk staff went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and make sure we felt welcome. The hiking and biking trails are phenomenal. There are miles of them and because they are well worked into the property you can get a variety of terrain and feel that you out by yourself in nature. The views of the mountains are just breathtaking! You can tell it is an older lodge, but the remodel was nicely done. The king suite was very comfortable and the view over the golf course lovely. The bed was soft and comfortable. Two things would really help to improve the rooms: A small throw blanket for relaxing on the couch. It is just a bit chilly in Central Oregon in the evenings and a nice throw blanket in front of the fire would be just the right touch. Sure it's a small thing but it makes a difference. Second, they have got to up their game in terms of restaurants. The breakfast area is so small there was nearly always a line and it just didn't feel like you could relax and enjoy it. Niblet's just doesn't cut it for a nice dinner. I don't like to leave a resort once I'm there. I want to relax in the quiet and just walk to a gorgeous restaurant. Also, resorts need to have room service. It's just a standard expectation.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of The Resort at Eagle Crest. We were gratified to learn that our staff provided a high level of service and that you found the extensive hiking and biking trails a positive aspect of your visit. Also, thanks for your positive comments on our lodge upgrade, we appreciate the feedback. While the resort does have extensive food and beverage options we are continuing to make improvements and changes to insure we meet guest expectations. We will keep your suggestions in mind and work with our restaurant partners to insure we provide the best food and beverage experience possible. Thanks again for your review. We hope to welcome you back to Eagle Crest in the future.
Geoff Roemelt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Albany, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Recently we spent a long weekend at Eagle Crest in central Oregon. We were attending a wedding on site. It was a beautiful September weekend. We were fortunate to rent a chalet along the golf course. It was a great location to be at.

We took advantage of playing a round of golf as well as enjoying the sun down at the main pool. The staff at both locations were so pleasant and helpful. We were even thanked for coming. The grounds were well groomed.

The wedding was held in a lovely location at Eagle Crest. Plenty of parking and once again, the event staff there had the ceremony and reception running smoothly.

Eagle Crest is also close to shopping in Redmond, which has some great antique stores to walk through; as well as Bend with it's many shops, restaurants, and brew pubs.

Families of all ages will enjoy this location to relax and take part in it's many activities.

Room Tip: This resort has many different views from their rooms to choose from: golf course, mountain view, r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of The Resort at Eagle Crest. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the maintenance of our landscaping and the comfort of our accommodations. We were pleased to learn that the wedding and reception you attended was a pleasant experience. We hope you come back to visit with us in the near future.

Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for several nights and enjoyed it very much. The beds are quite comfy and there was no noise problems that I detected. The room was clean and well maintained, great housekeeping staff. Get a room overlooking the golf course if possible, some great peaceful views. Staff was friendly. The three golf courses are awesome. The only complaint with the lodge is the Wi-Fi. Internet access is non-existent at times and at other times very very slow.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thanks for the great review of your experience at Eagle Crest Resort. It sounds like you had an enjoyable visit and as such rated our golf courses very highly along with the friendliness of our staff, comfort and quietness of the lodge and housekeeping services. I apologize that you had difficulty in obtaining a wifi signal at times during for stay. Although we provide extensive complimentary internet access throughout the resort and have had limited service issues, I will investigate further in an effort to ensure our systems are functioning effectively. Thanks again for the feedback. Hope to welcome you back to Eagle Crest soon.

Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went to this resort for a conference. From the layout of the rooms and construction quality I could tell being on the basement floor with a room above me meant noise. I asked for the third floor so there would not be anyone above me. "We don't book those rooms." So even if I got the second floor there would still be someone above me. Turns out...it was a noisy night. I could hear every footstep and door opening and closing above me and it went on for at least an hour as I tried to get to sleep. The room I was in was plain, the bed was comfortable and the view was pretty during the day out on to the golf course and the mountains beyond; just not "resort" standard. The room was not particularly business friendly with a small desk and not enough convenient plugs. Probably a great family stay place especially if you golf and the kids like the pool. The conference center was great. The staff was attentive and professional. The room for the conference was big airy and just right for the group. I chose not to stay additional nights. It's a Holiday Inn but that's a little confusing, this property doesn't seem to follow the brand. You have to be paying attention to notice.

Room Tip: Don't know what to say...seems they don't have any control over the 3rd floor so you are goi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review of your recent visit to Eagle Crest Resort. It was gratifying to learn that your time spent in our conference center was pleasant and productive. We were however concerned to discover that your guestroom experience did not meet your expectations. I apologize that you were disrupted by other guests and that you felt the design and décor was not reflective of a resort experience. We will keep your suggestions in mind as we look to make enhancements to our building and guestrooms in the future. We hope that you will return to take advantage of the many leisure activities available at Eagle Crest.
Marshall, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed there on September 7th. We left Yellowstone National Park, WY around 8:30am and didn't arrive at The Lodge at Eagle Crest 700+ miles later until 9:30pm. We found the checkin easily and were delighted to excellent front desk service. We didn't have anything to eat for supper, so the front desk gentleman was very kind to give us instructions to the restaurant at the resort and to call ahead to ensure they were open for our stay. We arrived at our room shortly before 10:00. As soon as we opened the door, we were greated by 2 bar stools along the kitchen counter which surprised us as we had reserved a handicap accessible room which typically has few obstacles. After I moved the bar stools so that my wife in her wheelchair could get into the room easier, we quickly learned that our room was not handicap accessible. However, the room was gorgeous - large kitchen, huge living area, amazing bathroom with a glass shower door and bowl sinks and a huge king bed...we felt like royalty! Still, if we were being treated to an amazing room, I wanted to ensure that the front desk was correct. I went back to the front desk, which by now is after 10:00pm, and spoke with another front desk representative. My conversation with her was a bit frustrating. She enthusiasticly explained that the room was correct and was an upgrade since we are Priority Club members. I explained to her that we needed a handicap accessible room though. She said that we weren't being charged extra for the room but offered to change rooms for us. She seemed a bit surprised by my lack of enthusiasm over a large room. After a long day on the road, I was just ready to sleep so we kept our room. In the end, the room worked fine, but it would have been even better if we received the type of room that we had reserved. If a smoker want to smoke, they should get a smoking room. If a family need multiple beds, they should get multiple beds. If a person who has limited abilities needs a handicap accessible room, they should get a handicap accessible room. An amazing room can't replace what a person needs and wants. Anyways, and in addition, my wife and I didn't have enough energy to stay up late to wait for the resort restaurant, so I asked the front desk representative if they had a Cupboard (Candlewood Suites - also a Holiday Inn chain) area to grab something to eat. She said no but gave directions to their vending machine. Based on my understanding, they only had 1 vending machine which seemed surprising for such a large resort. I found the vending machine, but it was very small and didn't contain anything too appetizing. After bringing our things into our room, it is now around 10:30. My wife and I grazed on some chips and licorice for supper that we brought along on our trip and then passed out in our king-sized bed. All and all, we greatly enjoyed our stay but were also too tired to care about the frustrations along the way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for visiting Eagle Crest Resort and taking the time to complete a trip advisor review. While we were pleased to learn that you greatly enjoyed your stay we were concerned that you became frustrated over some aspects of your visit. I apologize for not providing you and your wife with the room type you had reserved. In our efforts to upgrade you to our highest level of accommodations as a result of your IHG Club Rewards status we overlooked your need for handicapped access. This obviously should not have occurred and we will be reviewing our upgrade procedures with our Front Desk team to avoid potential similar occurrences in the future. We were sorry to learn that you elected not to visit our on site restaurant which I believe would have offered you a superior experience to the vending machine option you chose. We do have “grab and go” menu items available 24 hours in our lobby restaurant and if this information was not shared with you I apologize again for the misunderstanding. Thanks for the great comments on our guest room and the Front Desk service you received. I hope these positive experiences will encourage your return to Eagle Crest.
Mill Creek, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I wanted to add an update from a previous review I made on the Eagle Crest Resort, (Bug Problem??"). I had mentioned previously during the summer of '12 when I had visited the resort, there was an overwhelming mosquito problem. The general manager had replied after my review stating these were isolated incidents and the bugs were particularly bad that summer. After spending another week at the resort in June of this year (2013), I can say the he was right- hardly any mosquitoes compared to the previous year.

The resort is amazing. There are plenty of activities available to keep everyone in the family busy. After 3pm, you can bring a junior golfer along for free. You will just have to pay for the cart fee. FYI, you can get discounted rates to the Resort Course at golfnow.com.

Of our 2-3 family vacations during the summer, Bend/ Redmond has become a staple. Dependable weather, friendly people, excellent golf courses, good food, good beer and so many things to do outside there really won't be anyway to fit it all in one week.

Thanks for another amazing week. See you in 2014!

Room Tip: If you are able to travel last minute, you can get some amazing deals from people wanting to unload...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thanks for the review update from your visit to Eagle Crest last year and for the positive feedback during your vacation this season. We were pleased but not surprised to learn that insects did not disturb your visit this year and we believe this will remain true for the future. Thanks for the feedback on our Junior Golfer Program, glad you were able to take advantage of this great deal. We look forward to welcoming you back to our amazing resort next year and hope that you will visit us during our fall/winter season as well.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked through Internet. It's a lovely place but a ways from town where we were meeting our grandson for dinner. Room was exceptional, with a fridge but no microwave. Good in-room coffee. We only slept here without using the restaurant or any of the available resort activities. Families with school age and above children would love this place! It was quiet, and some rooms had good views, but since we booked through an online booking agency, we had a parking lot view. No matter, we enjoyed our lovely room.

• Stayed September 2013
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for the review, were are glad you had a positive experience and found the lodge ideal for families. All of our guest rooms have refrigerators and our king suites include microwaves as well. We are located 5 miles from Redmond, a 10 minute drive. Many of our rooms and suites have golf course views with either balconies or patios. Thanks again for your feedback we hope you return soon.

Geoff Roemelt

Been to The Lodge at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!