“Hiking Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Eagle Crest

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Eagle Crest to your Saves list
The Lodge at Eagle Crest
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1522 Cline Falls Road, Redmond, OR 97756 (Formerly Eagle Crest Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Redmond
Cottage Grove
“Hiking Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My favorite place to stay for hiking in Oregon, with miles of paved trails throughout the resort and just minutes away from Smith Rock State Park. There's also a nice foot trail in the canyon along the river with some picnic tables. Gorgeous views everywhere you turn! Makes for a really refreshing and relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Canyon view or golf course view - both are equally nice. Some units have hot tubs on the deck and ca...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thanks for the trip advisor review. Great to learn that you found Eagle Crest Resort to be a refreshing relaxing getaway! As you pointed out we have extensive hiking here at the resort as well as in the local area. Smith Rock which is only a short drive from Eagle Crest is quite spectacular with world class rock climbing as well as hiking trails. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were traveling across the state of Oregon from Cannon Beach and I first looked for places to stay in Bend. By chance I found The Lodge at Eagle Crest and thank my lucky stars. It was fantastic.

Our check-in was very quick and the clerk went over all the amenities the resort offered. We had a nice, large, quiet room with two Queen beds and a great bathroom with two sinks at a very reasonable price.

We took our morning walk around the resort and golf course and were very impressed with the well-kept grounds and landscaping. This would be a fantastic place to take your family. If we lived closer, we would certainly return often.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for visiting Eagle Crest Resort and taking the time to complete a trip advisor review of your experience. We are glad you discovered us on your trip across Oregon. Also, we were pleased to learn that your check-in process was quick, that you found the guestroom to be large and that you appreciated the well kept grounds. We hope that you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This resort, a drive of about 15 minutes from Redmond, offers scenic views and a number of physical activities, including golf, a gym and swimming in at least two pools. The satisfactory cooked breakfast is charged for and is very slow to be served.
Our room was comfortable and we slept well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks for the Trip Advisor review. We were glad to hear that you found Eagle Crest to be scenic and relaxing and that you enjoyed the resort activities. Thanks for the feedback on your restaurant dinning experience, we will look to address your observations and continue to make improvements. Thank you again, we hope to see you back in the future.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night June 2013 in a dog friendly room, which was not human friendly. Arrived to check in around 5 pm where I was greeted right away, however my puppy companion was not ( Saying hello to her would have been a very easy way to connect with me). The woman that checked me in was doing a million things at once which I understand but don't appreciate. While checking me in she helped another guest with their internet password and took 2 phones calls. It was a fast check in but nothing about the experience was welcoming. I was given poor directions to my room which led to most of my frustration. They put me on the 1st floor and did not tell me I could drive around to my rrom so I got a luggage cart and loaded that up with the dog leash in my other hand. She told me at check in that it was just down the hall, down that hall turned into down the hall, through a door, down another hall, to an elevator and down a floor. When wandering around lost in the first hall I encountered a male employee and the gal that checked me in. Clearly looking lost I had to ask her again where my room was. She told me to go through the door in front of me and down the elevator. With hands full of a cart and dog I had to actually ask one of them to get the door for me as they were busy talking, then had to ask again to open the other door to the other hallway.

Anyway, I found my room only to be blown away by the smell of animal urine and dirty carpet. I know it's a pet friendly room but I would think they would take the pet deposit people pay extra and clean the carpet at least every other week.

I have to say it is a beautiful property to walk around but I can't tell you a thing about what they have to offer as nothing was explained to me on check in. It was a really good value and I did appreciate the Holiday Inn standards of comfortable beds, linen and pillows. There really is nothing like it in the area so with that and the value I am rating this as average.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your visit to The Resort at Eagle Crest. I apologize for the less than first class registration process you experienced upon your arrival as well as the unacceptable housekeeping in your guest room. Let me assure you that this is not typical of the level of service usually provided at Eagle Crest. We will share your comments with our staff in an effort to avoid potential similar situations in the future. Thank you again for your feedback if I may be of further assistance please contact me.

Ellsworth, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was a resort that far exceeded our expectations in every way! We had our four kids with us, all young adults, and they all agreed that the resort had a welcoming,laid back feeling to it. There is plenty to offer within the resort (golfing, biking, swimming, tennis, horseshoes, ect.), within the beautiful area of Redmond, Bend, and Sisters. We could have stayed for a month and wouldn't have had the chance to do everything on our list. We stayed in a two bedrrom condo which was very roomy, updated, and comfortable. One of the best places we have stayed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for the positive review of Eagle Crest Resort. We were excited to learn that you felt that Eagle Crest was one of the best places you have stayed. It was great to know that you enjoyed your accommodations while experiencing the welcoming laid back feel of the resort and that your expectations were exceeded. We hope to welcome you back many times in the future.
Camas, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent the July 4 weekend here relaxing, playing golf, and enjoying bike riding. We had a King Suite and the room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a view of the Resort Golf course. The staff was very responsive and helpful. We would return in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of The Resort at Eagle Crest. It was great to learn that you were able to take advantage of the many activities available at our resort including bike riding and our three golf courses. Glad you appreciated the quality of our king suite guest rooms and found it to be clean and comfortable. Always nice to hear about the responsiveness and helpfulness of our team members. I will be sure to pass along your compliments. Looking forward to your return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great resort. Price is very reasonable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This resort has 3 golf courses. One is great for beginners, and all three have wonderful views. One of my favorite places to stay in central Oregon.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your trip advisor review of The Resort at Eagle Crest. We were pleased to learn that you found our staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed our three golf courses. Our courses are designed for varying degrees of ability and are in outstanding condition. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Geoff Roemelt

Been to The Lodge at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!