“Prineville, Or” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nampa , Idaho, United States
“Prineville, Or”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this motel was a very nice place except for the heating unit that was noise all night long. It would start up and turn off every few minutes and kept us awake too much of the time. the hot tub didn't have much pressure, but was hot and clean and the pool area was very nice, but we didn't get to spend too much time there because of our church business.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

PrinevilleInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Prineville Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the heating unit kept you up. Our hot tub and pool seem to be a big hit with a lot of people, it is nice and warm and really relaxing. I hope the next time you are in Prineville you will come stay with us and have more time to enjoy the pool.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2015

We stayed one-night while passing through town...great hotel staff...excellent quiet room...great breakfast...basically we were treated right from arrival to departure...so what more could you expect from a hotel!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
PrinevilleInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Prineville Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the nice review. I am glad that you had a nice experience at our hotel. I am glad that you were treated right. Our staff is great and they are a great bunch of people to work with. Please do stop in again next time you are coming through Prineville.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014

We'd booked online and asked for quiet rooms. Apparently this placed us in the "annex" initially. One of my co-travelers recognized this was the area for people with pets and a couple of us are allergic to most things with fur. It also smelled bad.

After asking to be moved to the main building they offered to spray the room, and we said no we'd rather be moved. The new rooms smelled less, but still had an odor. After airing them out with an open window it was better.

The room had a microwave, refrigerator, AC + heat unit, TV, desk for laptop with light, and a couple chairs. One room's AC unit was digital, the other had knobs.

Beds were fine...bit harder than I prefer, but I think I like unusually soft beds. At least they were even (no huge humps or dips in the middle). I brought my own pillows, but I heard complaints from two others about the hotel's. Not 100% sure the specifics...thought I heard they weren't very supportive.

Breakfast was fine. More than the old continental breakfast, but seems to be the usual now Self serve with a few cooked items under heaters like eggs and sausage, self cook waffles, milk, coffee, juice, pastries, etc. What I grabbed was OK.

Had a neat looking indoor pool I didn't get a chance to try out. Is located near the middle of town, along the main drag. Happens to be close to where we were meeting up with others.

Oh, and I was woken up by at least one train going by and honking their horn. I only stayed one night so I can't say how typical that was.

Green Features: Matches other locations (notes about helping the environment if we skip services like new towels, etc).
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
PrinevilleInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Prineville Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I am sorry that you had trouble with your room smelling. The annex building is were are pet rooms are located. As for the train noise you heard I am not sure what it was. Prineville does not have a train that goes through it any more. it stops at the other end of town at the train depot. they took out all the train tracks in town a few years ago.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

I'm writing in accordance to Tripadvisor policies: an ACTUAL visit and RELEVANT to trip planning and research (in the event that hotel management attempting to remove this review again).

I have stayed at this hotel for 4 times this year. Breakfast up to normal Best Western standard. Carpet is somewhat dirty. Yet I guess it's acceptable until I experienced the following:

I had a reservation for business at this location early December 2014. Due to freezing rain, I was not able to make it to this hotel because of terrible road condition. I understand the hotel cancellation policy is 24 hours ahead of time, yet the hotel manager handled my case very disrespectfully and bluntly:

1) She said freezing rain has been in weather forecasts and it's nothing new: I'm from out of town and I had no idea of this forecast!

2) There was no attempt by her to make remedies, such as a credit at the hotel for a future visit.

3) I have attempted to call the 1-800 customer service number to change my reservation to another Best Western location, but that agent couldn't get in touch with the manager and the staff didn't have the power to change it (the agent was very polite and apologized.). Later when I asked the manager where I can take this matter further, she bluntly replied, "You already spoke to the rep."

She didn't even apologize for any inconvenience. I am not risking my life to get to the hotel in the middle of an ice storm at night. I have been a regular visitor to this hotel and have been a very loyal customer for Best Western for the past 10 years. I have never cancelled reservations against policy.

Just a planning tip for you - especially in this beautiful wintry weather.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Prineville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

You will find the staff at this facility "down Home" friendly and the property well kept. The swimming pool is open 24 hours. The room was quiet from hallway noises. There had been a snow storm but the parking areas had been plowed so there was ample parking, There is a restaurant next door. and a mall area within walking distance. Also a Les Schwab Tire Center across the street if needed.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

PrinevilleInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Prineville Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2014
Well I am glad that the snow fall we had did not take away form your experience with us. We make sure the parking lot is plowed for the safety of our guests. It is nice to have the mini mall and restaurant right net door especially during the bad weather.
Cannon Beach Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

The Best Western in Oregon has clean rooms, lovely services and a nice breakfast bar with a pool that is open 24 hrs. The receiving staff are helpful and accommodating. Pets are welcome for a nominal fee.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We really enjoy when our guests can travel with their pets. Our breakfast is a great way to start your day, we offer a variety of different items. It is nice to have a 24 hour pool for the kids and then later for the adults to relax in. Please come back and visit us again next time you are in Prineville.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. Very nice rooms and the hot tub - pool area was awesome! The breakfast was good too. All the staff were very friendly, greeting you when they saw you. I will definitely be returning there for a stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad that you had a nice stay with us.
We do have a very nice pool and hot tub area, we get lots of compliments. We will be looking forward to your next stay with us.

Been to BEST WESTERN Prineville Inn? Share your experiences!