“Cleanest Econo Lodge I've stayed at” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Prineville
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Cleanest Econo Lodge I've stayed at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Econo Lodge in Prineville is a clean, friendly, inexpensive place to stay. The breakfast is bagels, muffins, coffee, and orange juice. Not fancy, but adequate. The staff are really helpful. I've stayed there twice now and plan to stay more in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Rod.

541-447-6231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Needed a last minute room, stayed just 1 night as we couldn't sleep due to the bar next door and the drunks running through the halls all night yelling. The continental breakfast consisted of Sunny D, coffee, and there was one bagel. It was a roof overhead for the night. Decided to move down the street to the Best Western for our remaining time in Prineville.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Logowears

541-447-6231
Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

On the last leg of my road trip, I discovered that I need a layover spot for one more night. I chose this motel, because it was the cheapest one I could find at the last minute. All I needed was a place to shower and sleep until morning and this place fit the bill.

Located in the center of town, it is also next door to the local bar/hangout, probably the only one in town. The music/noise wasn't a problem, I didn't even notice. Parking is sufficient, but if you get there late, expect to have to park out back behind the motel.

The WiFi and TV worked well enough and more importantly, the A/C was strong and powerful. However, the A/C is pointed right at the bed, so it can get chilly in the middle of the night if you have it running full blast.

This place was built in the 50's or 60's and looks it. A lot of the fixtures date back to then and the rooms haven't been reworked since. There's a definite shortage of power sockets. I found the clock unplugged from the extension cord where it looks like the maid had run over it with the vacuum.

Breakfast was muffins, bagels, juice, milk coffee, etc... good enough to get you back on the road in the morning.

Overall, this motel was clean and comfortable enough for an overnight stay, but I would chose someplace else if I were planning to spend any significant amount of time at the motel itself.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi Frank,
Thanks for taking the time to voice your thoughts frankly. We are in the process of planning renovations and your concerns with the outlets and A/C positioning will be added to the list of improvements. Also, I apologise for the clock; I will ask our housekeepers to be more attentive in the future. Your feedback has been helpful.
Thanks,
Management
Laporte, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here several nights recently. I was a bit worried when I drove up as it looked a bit..well, really budget...but the rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly, and the bed was comfortable. Even though it was right in the heart of downtown during a busy weekend, our room was very quiet. Everything was close, and the manager was very helpful with recommendations. We will definitely stay there again when we go back to Oregon. The rooms are small, but have everything you need including a little table, TV, and tissues! (surprisingly missing in other pricier hotels I've stayed in recently!)

Room Tip: Rooms on east side are probably quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SunitaC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Nocotravelgal,

Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the econolodge to get out of the rain and have internet access. both were easily accomplished here. the front desk clerk was very friendly and offered me a discounted price to cement the sale. the room was very clean, with a work table, queen bed, microwave and refrigerator. the bathroom includes a tub and was. also clean. there is an extra $10 for the pet, which seems a bit steep. overall good value.

• Stayed June 2013
Hi,
Thanks for taking the time for writing a review for us. I'm glad to hear that we left a positive impression after your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Prineville.
Thanks,
Management
Portland Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Econo Lodge in Prineville Oregon several times while fly fishing the nearby Crooked River. This motel passes the 3 "C" test - it is clean, comfortable, and cheap. Much nicer than a camp site! The manager is very friendly and goes out of her way to make your stay pleasant. Although it is located on a main street, it is relatively quiet at night although I always take ear plugs when traveling. Ask for a second story room - no noise from above. There are no elevators. The continental breakfast is satisfactory: large muffins, bagels/cream cheese, coffee, juice. I will be staying here whenever fishing nearby.

Room Tip: Upstairs room is quieter but no elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take pride in providing our customers with clean, comfortable rooms at reasonable prices and look forward to hosting your next stay in Prineville.
BEAVERTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in the Econo Lodge on a recent motorcycle trip and it was pretty nice. The room was good sized and the bed was comfortable. The room and bathroom were clean. the staff were very helpful, they even gave me a room close to the entrance to make it easy to unload and load my motorcycle. The breakfast was limited but OK and the wifi worked very well. There are several restaurants nearby. I will stay here again when I go to Prineville.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are pleased your stay with us was satisfactory and look forward to having you here again.

Been to Econo Lodge Prineville? Share your experiences!