“A very nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Prineville
Vancouver, Canada
“A very nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is one of the best of all the Econo Lodge hotels. We spent one night there yesterday. Front desk was very nice and responsible. The room was clean and very quiet. It's definitely worth the money, in my opinion.

BTW, I was told that this hotel was family owned. They really care about their guests. We arrived at 8:50pm and our room key was already programmed and waiting for us at the front desk. It took me only 2 munites to check in, which was really nice after a long day drive. If have a chance, I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sunita c, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello,
Thank you very much for a wonderful review. It's always nice to have our efforts at improving the travel experience recognized. We hope your travels bring you back to Prineville for stay at our motel.
All of us here at Prineville's Econo Lodge strive to make our service memorable and every stay affordable and comfortable.
Best wishes for future travels.
Sunita C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Sunita is awesome! Her customer service and professionalism is something all should possess. Continental breakfast was good too! Very convenient and easy to find! There was a coffee pot, hair dryer, microwave and refrigerator in the room. Towels were soft, floor was clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Moses Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We enjoyed a one-night stay here and had no complaints. It was clean, was Pet friendly, it had comfortable beds and pillows and hosted gracious staff. I would stay here again without hesitation. Do not eat at Brothers next door...that was a joke.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi,
Thank you very much for such a glowing review. We hope your travels bring you back to Prineville for another pleasant stay at our motel.
Best wishes for future travels.
Sunita C.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Its an econo lodge, so I didnt expect much. I got a good night sleep, and left the following morning. Thats pretty much what I had hoped for given this type of chain.
Front desk was friendly, simple old motel, met the need.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
SunitaC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Barbara,

Sunita C
GM
Econolodge, Prineville
541-447-6231
Napa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Econo Lodge for three nights while touring the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument. The park is spread out over three units with up to 80 miles one way from Prineville. There really aren't that many choices for hotels near any of the units. I chose the Econo Lodge primarily for it's location and the price.

Location: It is located right on the main road of highway 26 that takes you through the town of Prineville and eventually to the John Day Fossil Beds NM. A Subway sandwich shop, a diner, and even a bar are within steps of the hotel. In fact the bar and diner share the same parking lot as the hotel.

Check in and Check out: Quick and easy. No problems. Friendly service.

The room: Fairly decent size. Clean. Older television with about 50 or so channels. Includes a microwave, small refrigerator (check the temperature inside because I had some food items freeze - this was my fault for not checking) and a coffee pot. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but that is just my personal opinion. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't sleep. The room also had a table and two chairs. My room was on the first floor facing the street side. I like to keep my windows and curtains open for the natural light but anyone walking by could look right into the room. Get a second floor room if this is something you prefer. Water pressure was fine and the bathroom was clean. Towels were getting a little thin.

Continental Breakfast: Included bagels and muffins, juice, coffee and tea. It was small but something to get you started.

Other Misc info: There are cameras by the doors and inside the halls which made me feel safe. Parking was not "that" bad. There are about 10 spots directly in front of the hotel rooms and a large parking lot in the back that is also used by the local businesses. I never got a chance to use the internet so I cannot comment on the speed but it is available at no extra charge. The hotel does accept pets and there was a very minor odor in my room. I am allergic so I may have just been a bit more sensitive.

Overall, it was a good stay. I didn't hear much noise from the bar across the parking lot like another reviewer mentioned. There wasn't much traffic at night so there wasn't any street noises to interfere with your sleep. For the price I paid, I was not expecting a full service resort with a great view. It was a basic, clean, and safe room that worked out fine for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room on the street side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
sunita c, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We are glad that you appreciated your stay with us, we will continue to work towards better service with both positive and negative reviews in mind.
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay. We arrived late and did not have any problems checking into hotel.
The rooms were neatly maintained . Continental break fast was good and we were also served specially made ginger tea by the owner.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us maintain and improve our customer service for all of our guests .
Independence, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

pick up a courtesy car at the Prineville AP and go to the nice quite town of prineville. The Econo Lodge is down town near everything you need. For the price it was real good, and clean, friendly.
I will stay the next time I can't make it over the Cascades or just a nice place to visit and the FBO At Prineville was more than helpfull. good deal!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, it is most appreciated. Looking forward to your next visit here at EconoLodge!

Been to Econo Lodge Prineville? Share your experiences!