“Consistently Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Portland

You added Westin Portland to your Saves list
Westin Portland
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Southwest Alder Street, Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Consistently Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business several times this year and have always had a great experience. The staff is always friendly and professional and it's centrally located downtown close to some great bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor particularly a corner room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel was in an excellent location, the bar menu at happy hour was great and reasonable and the shower was a dream!!!!

From the first moment of our arrival we felt welcome. We were traveling with a new car and were concerned with where it would be parked. There was a valet named Justin who not only made us feel welcome from the moment we set foot on the curb, but took very good care to assure us our car would be well taken car of, (which it was)!

Justin made great first impression, and when we stepped out to walk around he gave us very good suggestions on where to go and explore. He is a great ambassador for Westin. Based on this experience we will be staying at Westin properties more in the future!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
oahu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

great overnight stay.
hotel is right in the middle of downtown, next to shopping, food, and seemed to be a lot of clubs and such.
I got in late, so the place was packed with cars and people j-walking.
checkin was smooth, issue that they didn't code correctly either of my keys and had to go back to the desk to fix.
Parking is 37$ to valet, with self parking a block down for 26$.
check the metered parking, for certain times you don't have to pay. I got in about 10pm until 1pm the next day and didn't have to pay a thing.
room was incredible, spacious with a tub and shower.
only other thing I can think of is that the elevators, there are only 2. but like 15-20 floors with about 20-25 rooms per floor...so you do the math on waiting for the elevator.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

1. The front desk lady who checked me in was very friendly and very respectful even though my appearance was shabby. Kudos to her.
2. The room was very clean and comfortable. I stayed for two days.
3. Great location.
4. I probably stayed at hundred different hotels in the last 10 years and this ranks near the top.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I hold SPG Gold status and used my points to stay at the Westin Portland for the weekend of my 50th birthday. This weekend reminded me why I am loyal to the SPG brand.

We checked in very late, around 12:30 am. The night front desk agent, Steven was beyond friendly and helpful, making our check-in easy. We received an upgrade to a suite on the Penthouse Floor with an amazing view. During our stay, we were comp'd a bottle of champagne and a bottle of Pinot Noir in honor of my milestone birthday.

The room and the hotel facility were outstanding. We have stayed at many Westins around the world and this was the best we've experienced. It is a smaller 19 story building. The view from the top was great. Our room had 2 huge windows over looking the city, a sitting area, a plush kind bed and a large bathroom with a tub and separate shower. The decor was typical Westin along with the signature Westin scent and toiletries.

Getting to the hotel is easy from the airport using the Tri-met MAX Red line. It is about a block from the Pioneer Square stop. Portland is such a great walking city and we found almost everything to be walking distance from the hotel.

We originally wanted to use our points to stay at The Nines. I am so glad it was not available because I cannot imagine having a better experience than we had at the Westin!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located: across the street from 40+ food trucks, short walk to river, steps from the pearl district. We were thrilled. Service was excellent. Clean, nice decor, relaxing lounge for drinks. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Stayed July 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel is centrally located to restaurants, theater, Pearl District, business offices, and food trucks. Has a boutique feel with full Westin services and resources.
Hotel staff is unsurpassed in friendliness, knowledge, and willingness to help.
Convenient and attractive privately managed bar and restaurant within hotel.
Definitely recommended for business or pleasure.
My wife and I recently stayed here for a week and enjoyed every minute with the
hotel and staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Westin Portland? Share your experiences!