“Great Location - but missing some details” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Portland

Save Saved
You added Westin Portland to your Saves list
Westin Portland
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Southwest Alder Street, Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 132 hotels in Portland
Winnipeg
“Great Location - but missing some details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

These days winning the hearts and minds of travellers is in the little things. this hotel offers a great location with all the right services...my phone kept dying in my room, they need to get a program to update their cordless phones. Mine was replaced with another phone that died...wasnt until the 3rd time I got it resolved. Mgmt did send up a nice perk of some wine and a note...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Westin_Portland_GM, General Manager at Westin Portland, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Feedback is a gift, and I appreciate yours. The devil is in the details, and you should expect to have a functioning phone in your room. We are working now to replace our existing cordless phones with a newer more reliable model. Insights such as this are what gives us the ability to improve our offerings and to evolve and grow. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused, and know that we are working diligently to get through the replacement process. Thank you for choosing The Westin Portland.

604 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a corner room on the top floor and enjoyed great views of the city. The bathroom was large with an oversized shower. The room was fairly small but was well organized and comfortable. The bell staff was great. We enjoyed their restaurant recommendations and tips for getting around. We did not experience noise from other rooms; our room was very quiet. When we were ready to check out, we called to have our car brought up. When we got downstairs, the desk clerk had already printed my receipt and handed it to me as I exited the elevator, and invited me to take some coffee to go and a newspaper. What a nice, easy way to end our stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It’s great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our location and take in all that Portland has to offer. Equally good to hear that the hotel offered you a sense of renewal and rejuvenation after a big day out and about the city. Our oversized bathrooms are one of our best features and with the Heavenly Shower it’s a great way to refresh. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rose City soon.
All Over
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Love Westin's and stay at Starwood when I can. This Westin must've been the smallest one I've even seen. Don't let that discourage you because they also had the best service, rooms and hotel character I've seen in this brand. This is more like a small boutique hotel with lots of personality; large lavishly styled rooms and bubbly personnel waiting to pleasantly accommodate your every need. If I ever came back to Portalnd, there's no doubt I would stay here again. Great location too. Walking distance to restaurants, shops and the airport train. Bed was super, duper comfy and sheets are high threadcount. Shower and bathroom were just gorgeous and rain showerhead was greatly appreciated. Great job Westin hotel and staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A few work colleagues and I booked a stay at the Westin Portland for a Saturday evening via SPG.

Location: excellent. Within walking distance of the better restaurants downtown Portland has to offer, as well as nightlife; the quirky, fun Saturday market was also a short stroll away.

The hotel was lovely, though common areas were much 'cozier' than most other Westins. Standard (always great) White Tea products in baths that were exceptional -our rooms had both tubs and showers, separated by enormous vanities.

The walls, however, are extraordinarily thin. We received a 'noise complaint' for a room of four speaking (not shouting) about the evening's plans, which confused/irritated us; the following morning, we could hear children in the room over watching Saturday morning cartoons (loudly, clearly), which woke us all up.

Attentive staff, though they were less than receptive to feedback regarding the noise. Appreciated the late checkout and all-day valet service.

Will most likely not stay here again when we return due to noise.

Room Tip: If possible, avoid adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Westin is a clean, friendly, and convenient hotel to stay in if you are in the heart of downtown Portland. The staff is knowledgeable about the neighboring restaurants and breweries, to entertainment, and high-end shopping. There are plenty of local food carts across the street from the hotel too. Pioneer Square is a block away, and the Willamette River is a five minute walk from your room. Bring your walking shoes because there is plenty of roaming for anyone. The king size beds are comfortable. The comforters and pillows are wonderful to curl up in and watch TV. The one thing I didn't like is, strategically, the A/C was not located in a great place in my room. The cold air blew on my head, so I had to make sure the temp. wasn't too cold at night. I chose not to have room service every day, so I was given the choice of $5 coupons or additional rewards points for my stay. The Westin gives its attendees the choice to make an environmental decision when they arrive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Pretty much an up to par Westin Hotel. A bit smaller then usual, very helpful staff, comfy and comfortable room (in the SPG floor) with all amenities. Would return if ever back in Portland. Thanks for a late checkout ..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent our post-4th holiday weekend in Portland for a family vacation. Stayed at The Westin and found the service to be very good (employees asked about our day each time we returned from an outing), the room was great (especially the bed and showerhead), and the location couldn't have been better. I love that Portlanders are as adicted to coffee as I am. Great coffee shop in the same building, Public Domain. Good restaurants all around. It was a little difficult to find family-friendly restaurants, however, 10 mins vs. 5 on the iphone. Yes, I could be nitpicking. Would have been 5 stars had the carpet been recently steam cleaned.

Been to Westin Portland? Share your experiences!